“Excellent”

La Lucha
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Arequipa
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Great service from nice staff. Best lunch we have had at Peru. We had roast beef and wood fried pork.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Small place with great sandwiches. All looks very clean and all that we took was very tasty. Don't skip it.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch. Very friendly and helpful staff. Followed what the locals we're ordering - their fruit juices were delicious .. and the sandwiches are with wood fired meat. The pork was a little bland but that could be rectified with some spicy sauce. The steak was good but be warned it's heavy stuff! Definitely enjoyed a small box of sweet potato fries - the best we have has all week in Peru.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This was my second stop at a La Lucha. The first was in Lima. I see why people love this place. It’s fast and delicious.

The workers try to help you with your selections and the place is clean.

At this location I got the lechon de la Lena. It’s roasted pork instead of fried. It was so good! It comes with onions but I asked them to add a cheese which they were nice enough to do. I think no one really asks to alter their food in Peru because the people always look at me strangely when I ask. However, I like what I like. I recommend this sandwich.

My friend got the chicken sandwich which she felt could have been better. It was kind of flavorless. You needed to add a lot of creams (sauces) to make it decent.

I would say the highlights of La Lucha are the lechon de la Lena and the La Lucha sandwiches hands down. The fries are good too. Fresh cut real potatoes. Also their fruit drinks are pretty damn good. They come out cold and plastic capped.

Make a quick stop in and try out a sandwich. Beats McDonalds.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a taxi driver. We ordered two "lucha" sandwiches and they were so good that we just had to go again the next day too. Highly recommended tasty food.

Date of visit: July 2018