Posada Nueva Espana(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Econunay Hostels(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
US$ 15
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Room was really good, although no side table from one side of the bed. Stuff is friendly, but barely speak English.
Very clean, very nice view from outside porch. They will give you also a welcome drink.
Located in steps to the main square in the town.
Very old building but very nice restorated and updated.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I am very disappointing and angry to be right now in this hotel.

It does neither correspond to the published pictures nor to the comments I am reading on trip advisor.

The room is not bigger than a teenager room and the bed is for one person so definitely not queen sized ...

We observe sticky disgusting spots on the carpet and the bathroom is the size of a standard toilet ...

It is absolutely not a 3 stars hotel and for sure the worst bedroom I have slept in during our stay in Peru. (Actually the only bad one)

The only good point is the front desk (very polite and available).

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2016

It was nice and clean. The most positive thing is that is near Plaza de Armas. The breakfast was terrible; only eggs and bread, though the waitress was very polite. The room was very small, even for the price. I was in the second floor and could hear everything and everybody coming in and out from the hotel, so my sleep quality was not good at all.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest room possible and do not stay in second floor, as there is too much noise by night.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Juliovelascoypunto
Reviewed 14 June 2016

This is a little boutique hotel a couple blocks off the main plaza. It's got a great location, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the price was great. The hotel allowed us to leave out bags there while touring for the day prior to check-in. Further, they served us a free round of happy hour drinks each evening. The breakfast was good too. We ended up returning to Arequipa later in our trip (unintended), and we chose to stay here again because our first stay went so well.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

I just checked into this hotel this morning. I will say that the staff was accommodating when I arrived very early at 6 AM and provided breakfast and an early check in. However, after checking in to my room someone entered the room, without knocking. I assumed it was a checkin error and waited for a call from the front desk. NOTHING. Upon contacting the desk, I was told it was probably housekeeping. I waited for a callback. Never got one. Went to the desk and spoke with who I assume was the manager (dressed rather poorly, I might add). I FINALLY received an apology, but little else other than an offer of a "manual room key". Comically poor customer service - I've had this happen at other hotels and been offered a different room and some form of compensation.

The room is large, but the breakfast is mediocre at best and the hotel is showing its age. The junior suite kitchenette is poorly equipped for little else other than making coffee or tea.

I have two stars only because of the accommodation of an early checkin and hospitality from the houseman upon arrival. Otherwise I am disappointed and do not feel safe at this property. I hope my belongigs don't get stolen.

Stayed: March 2016