All reviews eggs colca canyon hot shower first floor ham great wifi bread breakfast buffet plaza de armas laundry service yogurt soles peru taxis tours
Reviewed 25 August 2015

We booked this place based on its good reviews as a treat for our anniversary - normally we stay in hostels. We had high expectations and were disappointed. To start with, it should remove 'boutique' from its name - it's a pretty average normal hotel. We stayed in one of the more expensive superior rooms upstairs and it was just not up to the standard we'd expect from a boutique hotel. The shower was pretty bad - it constantly changed temperature and we've had better in most hostels. The 'king size bed' was two singles pushed together. The furniture was a little worn with chips in the bedside tables. Little things were missing, e.g. no toilet roll holder! Breakfast was disappointing; again, it'd be what I'd expect in a hostel not a hotel. It also finished at 9.30am - in a nice hotel a later breakfast option would really be nice. Plus they had often run out of things by the end of breakfast and didn't have more when asked. The worst thing was the wifi, which was AWFUL! We don't expect to pay this much for a hotel and have to go and use the internet in a cafe in town. We'd planned to skype family here and also needed to do various business related tasks and all this was impossible. Most of the time the internet didn't work at all. The attitude of the staff was 'oh, internet is bad in Arequipa', which we knew not to be true as every other cafe in town was better.
The staff in general were very unhelpful. As we were leaving, we needed to visit an ATM on the way to the bus terminal. The staff assured us there were plenty of ATMs en route. However when the taxi driver arrived he told us we'd have to go into the centre and out again. When we asked hotel staff again they looked blank. They also told us there were no ATMs in the bus terminal - which was completely incorrect. It would have saved us a lot of time, money and hassle if they'd known this basic information.
On the plus side, rooms are clean, the dinner we had at the restaurant one evening was good, and they have a cocktail happy hour every day. Overall would not recommend, you can do much better for this price.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thelastdodo2
Reviewed 11 August 2015

This hotel was definitely one of the best we stayed during our South American trip.
First night we stayed on first floor (which was ok), but on a 2nd night we were moved to the 2nd floor to Oriental room which was absolutely fantastic (the bed was huge, interesting design, if you like oriental things).
Everyday in addition to the buffet breakfast (which contains fruits, cereals, and every day different 1 hot dish) you can order one hot item a la carte on your choice (eggs any style, pancakes or french toast).
Also the owners are very involved in the operation. He is the architect and is continuously improving the designs of the hotel.
On the third floor there is a terrace (also designed by the owner) with table and chairs where we spent many mornings enjoying the sun.
Definetely recommended place to stay!

Room Tip: Oriental room on the second and third floors is great. The room on the first floor (103) is a little bit dark and cold.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Carmen M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dreams Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Dear:

Antonina

Thanks for your time to write us, we really apreciate your coment , for us was a pleasure your stay at the hotel.
Our terrace is for enjoy the sun and have a time to relax ,We are very happy to know that you really enjoy your stay with us and we will be waiting for you in your next trip to Peru

Best Regards

Laydy Pauca

Reviewed 3 August 2015

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and find it very comfortable for the price. It's in a calm part of Vallecito, a few blocks away from the plaza. They have a restaurant in house and a decent breakfast spread that contains more than just eggs, bread, and fruit. Rooms were warm and cozy, plenty of pillows, and good desk to work at. Service was a little wonky for me this time, I made sure to pay the night before a 5 AM flight, and then had the staff rush me in the morning to charge my card again (they'd only charged one night, as it turned out), which almost made me miss my fight. There was always a staff person around, however, which is something I really can't say for many hotels in Arequipa, where it's difficult to get back into the hotel at night or certain parts of the day. Hotel is well-cleaned and cared for, and with the exception of the check-out flub, still a great stay.

Room Tip: rooms on the non-street side are quieter and cozier
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

Good Morning

Thanks very much for your coment for us is a pleasure that you come back to our hotel more than one time and we really apreciate your time for write us.

We hope see you very soon .

Our best wishes for you .

Best Regards

Laydy Pauca

Reviewed 18 April 2015

This hotel is well located and surrounded by a quite neighborhood. The rooms are confortable and clean. The breakfast (that is included in the price) is excellent. The price is Ok.
I stayed with my whole family (dad, mom, wife, nanny and my 2 kids 8 & 6 ys) for 2 nights. It is also a perfect choice for a business trip.
I will return.

Room Tip: Ask for the Executive Room there are only 4
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2015

The staff at Dreams hotel made my experience. Without fail they were consistently friendly, helpful and attentive. I was invited to check in early on arrival at at 8am. When checking out, I left my bags at the hotel and the staff kindly offered use of the hotel facilities until my departure. The hotel itself is clean and orderly, and the bathrooms are modern and luxurious. The location is also perfect - away from the hussle and bussle but only a 5-10 min walk to the main square. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo