Free cancellation until 27/07
Forum Hotel(Cuenca)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 64
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 73/night.

Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca(Cuenca)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 98
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 111/night.

Hotel Victoria(Cuenca)
US$ 87
Casa San Rafael(Cuenca)(Great Value!)
US$ 44
Kuna Hotel(Cuenca)
US$ 83
US$ 70
Hostal Ines Maria(Cuenca)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Priceline
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 264
Hotels.com
All reviewstwo nightspanama hateggsbeautiful hotelrooms are spaciousother hotelsold world charmjuiceexcellent locationcolonial styleeach morningwalking distancecourtyardecuadorfurnituremuseumtaxis
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently went on a trip for cuenca’s Independence Day and we had a blast for one night and two days. Enjoyed walking through the street of the “centro histórico” and the location was just perfect, it was close to every single tourist historic place. The breakfast and the rooms were confortable as well. Recommended.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I was here for 3 nights for working purposes. The hotel is actually nice, clean and staff are very friendly. It is good value for money but only if you have deep/very deep sleep. I am not one of those So I only had a restful night the first day, I guess the hotel was not that busy or I was simply just too tired after a whole day flight. The other two nights I really suffer. I would sleep for an hour and then be awaken but a noise: people entering or leaving the hotel rolling their bags, getting ready, chats, etc.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2017

The hotel is located in the city center in order to start exploring the very nice city walking. The staff was very helpful in bringing all the luggage and the rooms are spacious and well equipped. It was only a pitty that my room had no real window and directed to the internal (but closed) patio, so no fresh air supply was possible. The historical buidling and furniture are really nice, some might find a bit overloaded maybe. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I stayed at the Hotel San Juan as a part of the Ecuador Expat Crash Course so I don't know the prices. But, almost regardless of the price, this is a lovely, classy hotel. When we arrived we were greeted with a glass of a hot Ecuadorian drink with a bit of alcohol. The lobby is filled with wood and paintings, a decent size - not cavernous, not cloistering. My room delighted me - a bathtub for one thing, even with jets of water to massage a bus tired body. The mattress was very comfortable.

The hotel has 4 floors, an in-door courtyard and an out door courtyard. On the second floor there is a lovely meeting room which our tour group used - more beautiful art and fabrics. The outdoor courtyard has some wonderful scenes - a small covered wagon, lots of plants, etc.

What I loved most though was the hospitality of the staff. They helped with many things and when we ate in the hotel they treated us like royalty. Two of our group had bad colds. I wanted to surprise them with a drink to help them recover - hot water, basil, ginger, hot pepper, honey.... I asked the staff if they could make it for my friends. They carefully translated the words so that they new exactly what I was saying and then brought the drinks with great aplomb. When I went to pay, they wouldn't let me do so. They said it was their pleasure to help our sick tour members. Such graciousness, kindness.

After our next leg of the journey we came back to Cuenca. Some of us stayed over for Spanish lessons or to explore the city. One guest stayed at the hotel. They kept her baggage for her as her flight was in the evening. We gathered at the hotel to say good-bye. We had a late afternoon snack - the 4th meal of Ecuador. Daniel, our waiter, explained everything to our group of semi-comatose travelers - several times retaining good humor and partience. He tried to describe what was in this "meal" which is something like an Ecuadorian Tea. We had a choice of coffee, tea or the special Ecuadorian hot chocolate, then a choice of a toasted cheese sandwich or a tamale. I choose the tamale which was decorated beautifully with a piece of cheese, a few soaked raisins and some herbs. Rico. Then the postre course - a light, luscious brownie with chocolate ice cream. All of this and an hour and a half of visiting in a beautiful setting for $5.85.

Changing a $100 bill (very hard to do throughout Ecuador), the hotel continued to serve me even though I was staying in a nearby apartment for my week of Spanish lessons.

Once you stay there and express any kind of appreciation for this beautiful hotel you are treated as family, a family you want.

Room Tip: Leave time for meals in the hotel. There is no rushing of guests. If you are in a hurry let them know.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank JaneinOakland
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We stayed at the San Juan for 5 nights at the end of Feb - early March 2017 and had the back room, ground floor looking out onto the courtyard. We arrived late in the morning and was impressed with the colonial styling. They gave us a choice of rooms. We took the first one they showed us. Beautifully decorated in a colonial style, the bed was comfy and the bath was large and modern. Manuel and company took the best care of us, helping with all ours needs. The breakfast was good and the coffee delicious. The staff assisted with tour suggestions and directions, calling cabs and making reservations for us, even taking our dinner order and calling when it was ready. The dinners were wonderful. The drinks were strong. The evening "tea" was yummy. This is a staff that care about their guests and everyone pitched in to do whatever was needed whenever it was needed. My hats off to them and muy gracias a todo!

Room Tip: Get a back room looking at the courtyard for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
SanJuanHotels, Director General at San Juan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Guest,

It is never too late to let our guests know, that for us it was a pleasure to have you at San Juan Hotel.We hope you come again to visit us. Manuel and the rest of the staff will be waiting for you.Remember San Juan Hotel will allways be your home in Cuenca!