Book In Advance

from US$ 128.00
from US$ 15.00
from US$ 99.00
1,800 results
All reviews cable car bring a jacket amusement park gondola ride rucu pichincha hiking trails high altitude clouds roll surrounding mountains sunny day above sea level bring water views are spectacular entire city horseback riding worth the trip afraid of heights
Reviewed 5 days ago

If you are afraid of heights the cable car ride up may make you uncomfortable. The ride up/down is about 15 min.
Unfortunately we went up into the clouds and could not see any views of the city. Nonetheless we walked around in a cloudy/foggy wonderland.
Some people experienced altitude sickness, bring some sweets to help give you a sugar boost Incase. Dress warm as it is cold, and wear appropriate footwear.
Def save money by getting a taxi directly to teleferico and save on the tour. It. Cost about 8 bucks to go up without a tour.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Right after arrivalnwe took the Teleferico to get the big picture. On a weekday, there was not a lot of people visiting. Good for us.
It is a spectacular trip uphill to more than 4,000 meters, with a spectacular view.
What a city and what a mountain scene around. Breathtaking.

We took some food and a coffee which was all good.
After finding our lips to be more blue than red, we had to have a coca tea too.
All well organized and a great start.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a day tour for Quito + Teleferico and Hiking. Teleferico takes you to 4000m with a great view of the city. From here you can hike around or to the volcano (4-5 hours round trip if you decided to go). Saw a lot of mountain bikers using teleferico to go up.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Worth the trip to see another view of Quito. We didn’t take the hike since the altitude started affecting our group but we did wander around for some great pics and saw some mountain bikers begin their trek. There is a few options on top for food and souvenirs if interested.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great value, (as is most everything in Ecuador), totally different climate than below. Bring a sweater and enjoy the spectacular views.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We let the taxi driver drop us off around 2PM on August 10 (national holiday) and the line was soo long that it would have taken us at least 2 hours to get on the cable car/skyline. It seems very slow so we decided to skipp this attraction.

We had to find a taxi to take us back to the hotel, which was not so easy. There are lots of them waiting for tourists but they don't have a meter and we were warned that we should only travel with a taxi which had a meter and not just get in the cheapest one. It took us a while but we found one which brought us directly to the hotel!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My friends and I went up there on a Sat morning , around 10 am. There was no wait at all. Unfortunately it was mostly cloudy and foggy during the ride , and just about completely fogged in by the time we got up there . It was still great fun, and there are some pleasant short walks up there - if one is not ambitious enough to hike up to the top of the mountain there .

Definitely worth a visit .

From the new town area ( near Hilton colon) , it is a $3 Uber ride to get to the TeleferiQo station. Hard to order Uber leaving the area, but lots of taxis there .

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My TeleferiQo experience started less than superbly, but ended well - and all's well that ends well, right? I arrived pretty early, to find five people waiting in line and watching as a crew of about 10 men worked feverishly on the cable car we were to ride up into the mountains. Each cable car seats six. After about 20 minutes, and after at least 20 more people lined up to ride, the car was "ready" and the six of us boarded, more than a bit nervously - the ride was slow but swell until we reached almost all the way to the top - at which point we stopped and swung and swayed (but not like Sammy Kaye) in what seemed an increasingly flimsy contraption. After 15 minutes of this rather scary motion - it was quite windy up top - we finally got moving again, very slowly. There is nothing swift about the ascent or descent, though I have read descriptions that describe being "whisked" up.

That said, once up the views are stunning. Many of the people did not linger at the area near the station, opting instead for trails that would take them, via foot power) up higher. I was content to stroll around, looking out over the city, which was unfortunately covered by haze, so that I didn't really see the volcanos indicated on plaques set up so that you could tell which was which. I DID walk away from the city view to what I found equally interesting, views of the Pichincha volcanoes. All in all I spent about 20-25 minutes up top, and had a cable car all to myself on the way back down.

So, my particular trip had its "ups and downs" but I suspect (and hope) my experience is not all that common. Even with the drama it was worth it, and I'm sure that many of you will enjoy it too!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First up, it's worth going up if you can. The views are great. However, be warned that with only around 12 cars - six passengers in each - and a 36 minute round trip for each the processing speed of the queue is ~120 people per hour. That's seriously slow compared to a ski resort lift anywhere in Europe, so don't be fooled by the short length of the queue as it will move slowly.

Up at the top there is a chapel, several food stands, and the start of a hike to the peak or downhill mountain bike to the base. Not exceptional by any means but worth a trip.

1  Thank Richard86martin
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

while driving uphill you have a very good view to sereral snowcovered mountains. The view from the Station on top is breathtaking, if the weather is fine. Please wear warm clothes, it will be cold on the top and espacially if you want to walk to Rucu Pichincha summit.