See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Sol de Quito was a beautiful surprise! I spent 6 nights there, in the lovely Machalilla room, furnished with everything you need and at the same time characterised by a very ancient and folkloristic flavour.. very charming. Breakfast is good and generous and the hotel is located in a very central area of the city, all the main areas of interested are within reach. Furthermore, the neighbourhood is safe and quite.

In sum, I warmly welcome Sol de Quito to those who are planning to visit Ecuador's capital city!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Blan K, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol de Quito Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Giovanni,
Thanks for commenting on your experience with us.
Your words are very important to improve our services.
It will be my pleasure to serve you at the next opportunity.

Nelly

Reviewed 23 April 2016

The multileveled layout makes staying with a lot of people fun. The food was reasonably good Ecuadorian fare and the rooms were generally clean. It is located in a sketchy part of town but never once did I fell unsafe. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Everyone spoke english well enough.

Room Tip: Ask for the Quito Suite
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2016

A good place to stay if you are new to Quito. Great location. Beautiful art and fascinating artifacts. Has an old "grandma's" house feel. Stayed in the Quito room. Has some views of the mountains. You need to be able to climb stairs in that room to the loft bathroom. Bedding had seen better days. Room door is funky and doesn't close properly to the hallway, can be a bit drafty. Breakfast was barebones. However, the owner kindly made eggs for each of us and they were delicious. (I had a cold so I was grateful for the Farmacia across the street.)

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Located in a quiet part of Quito. This little hotel has very nice decorated common area. The breakfast is somewhat ordinary. Good ratio price/quality for Quito. Some taxi drivers have difficulty finding the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

I consider myself a seasoned traveler but I have to say that this is possibly the worst hotel I've stayed in in all my life. It's just so dirty and rundown. I'm traveling with a group of 40 and I can say that I have seen most of the rooms here and found one room that was a suite was in decent shape. The comforters are sketchy at best and the bed linens are paper thin and a grayish color. Most rooms smell pretty badly. One group member had to sleep with another room because the smell of rotten sewer had permeated in the room. Front desk are very nice. Wifi is good. Continental breakfast is standard.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Karen C, Manager at Sol de Quito Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Hi Travelsof10DR,
Your comments are very important for us, we are very sorry to hear that from you, we are taking care of your recommendation inmediately, the maintenance department is checking the pipe system to resolver the matter, is good to hear that our staff was nice and healfully. We are focus on increase your good experience on our hotel on your next stay, we understand that the first impression is the most important, but if we resolver the matter on your next stay, we really appreciate if you take few minutes of your time and give us a better review, our purpose is to learn and take care of our guests.
Hope your group are enjoying the stay in the Galapagos Islands,

See you soon,