“Garden Paradise in the Heart of the City”
other travellers have booked this property
Suite Luna and Sol
private terrace
kitchen
dining table for 3
view into the garden
modern wood burning stove for cool nights
bedroom on first floor
double bed (180 x 190 cm)
convertible in two single beds
two single beds (90x180cm)
comfortable desk
Suite Luna and Suite Sol are  also apt for a family or friends sharing one terrace
mountain view
enjoy the garden
gazebo with barbecue
Suite Luna
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
JSCLM
Vancouver, Canada
“Garden Paradise in the Heart of the City”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

They really do it well here, what a lovely place to call home while in Quito! We arrived to find out suite was even nicer than it was presented online. There were fresh flowers in the rooms, the linens were soft and warm, the bed was comfortable. The kitchen included clean water, salt and pepper, coffee, tea, sugar and a few other items welcoming us on arrival. The kitchen utensils included a selection of dishes, pots and pans, tea pot, towels, everything we needed and more. Our hosts were very welcoming & hospitable and very knowledgeable of Ecuador and all it has to offer. Their care and creativity are woven into the floral and herb gardens and the various forms of artwork found throughout the property. They assisted us in recommending guides, an airport transfer, and included maps and general information on the city in our flat.

We really enjoyed sitting outside in the morning to eat our breakfast while watching the hummingbirds in the garden and the clouds drift over the distant green mountains and across the colourful hillside neighbourhoods, and into the valley of the city.

We spent 9 nights at Watara, and we will return for another 2. Wantara Suites location is ideal, only 5 minutes walk from the old town. During our stay we visited other accommodation options and we believe we were most fortunate for where we chose to stay. If you want to be self sufficient with your own flat and a kitchenette in the heart of the city, this is the ideal spot. We will highly recommend it to you.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
jessicasf
san francisco
“wonderful place!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

I arrived at 1am and Wolfgang had stocked my fridge with breakfast material for the next morning which was very thoughtful. He even helped me light the fire for 2 nights as I have bad girl scout skills. I stayed in the Sol suite which was absolutely beautiful. I had booked 6 nights but there just wasn't enough to do in Quito to kill that much time so I took the bus to Banos and stayed there for 2 nights. It was a bummer that I couldn't stay there the whole 6 nights! Wolfgang was also nice enough to get me a driver to take me to Mindo (last minute, so the down side was that the driver didn't speak any English so I had to practice my horrible Spanish). I would totally stay there again (except that Quito has terrible traffic and bad air!).

Travelling group: Solo
Phil A
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Hidden Treasure In Old Town Quito”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Behind the door on a narrow street you will find this garden oasis in busy Quito. What a gem to stay in this fully equiped apartment with a separate living room, kitchen, and bedroom. Wolfgang and Andi could not be more gracious hosts. They also live in the compound so if you need something or just want to socialize, they are there at your service. When we arrived in the evening, they arranged for a private service to pick us up at the far away Quito airport and we are glad they did. In addition, Wolfgang introduced us to a private guide who showed us extraordinary sites and restaurants around the Quito and outlying areas. It was truly a memorable experience.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Condition and location of the property and of course the hosts
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
London Ontario Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
cohoqueen...
Vancouver Island, Canada
“a gem of a hideaway in Quito”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

I booked my stay at Wantara for early Nov, but had to delay my trip unexpectedly. Wolfgang was very understanding and fortunately the Mariposa suite was available for my new dates. Right from the first contact with Wolfgang and Andi, they organized everything. They sent a taxi for my airport pickup, and he kindly stopped at the grocery store and helped me shop for my week supply of food. When I arrived at Wantara Suites Wolfgang greeted me as an old friend and proceeded to explain all about Wantara, and gave me very good suggestions for viewing the area. The Mariposa suite was delightful. It is a studio apt, with plenty of space for up to 2 people. The kitchen and bath are fully equipped so you can make your own meals, which is perfect for my style of travel. The property is an amazing garden paradise in the middle of a chaotic city. It is very safe, with a good locking gate system. The location is absolutely perfect, within walking distance to the historical centre and La Ronda. It was nice to come back to Wantara after a hectic day of sight seeing. There is a private outdoor sitting area, or an area where you might share space with other guests, or one evening I enjoyed chatting with Andi and Wolfgang. They are such helpful, delightful hosts, who could not be more helpful. It is obvious they enjoy what they do. Andi has a beautiful garden, which somehow looks out of place...in a good way...in this area of town. Wantara is a perfect spot in Quito and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting this area. I will definitely stay here again if I return to Quito.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the location, the comfortable bed and the wonderful owners
Liked least: the street noise
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing