“Great vibe and service / muy buena onca y servicio (English & español)”
Review of Azul Profundo

Azul Profundo
Ranked #83 of 4,900 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Providencia
Reviewed 29 April 2017

I came here for drinks with a friend and we really enjoyed it! The nautical vibe, lights, wine on the walls, and decorations are great. The staff was very nice and service was quick (though it was a Sunday night so there weren't many other people). I did not eat dinner here, but there were a few vegetarian options - I would love to see more vegan options!

Me gustó mucho este restaurante! Solo fui para tomar unos tragos pero me gustaron la onda, las luces, y el vino y decoraciones en las paredes. El personal era muy amable y el servicio estuvo rápido (aunque fuimos el domingo y no había mucha gente allá). No comí nada, pero habían unas opciones vegetarianas en la carta - me gustaría ver más opciones veganas!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I have read the bagging reviews and the great reviews. Maybe we struck it lucky. After a beer at On the sidewalk where we were wonderfully looked after we wandered up to Azul as it had been recommended by our driver from the airport. We were wonderfully greeted by the maitre d Jesus Flores who after a bit of questioning promised us the world of fish meals. Well he and his staff delivered. He made sure we got a good table although being early starters that was an achievable task.

The staff were straight on to us ,he made sure our waiter was able to handle our fractured Spanish and Australian English. We ordered swordfish with almond sauce and flounder with an orange and coconut sauce. The swordfish was lovely and despite my partners sceptism the almond sauce went with it like a dream.

My partner more worldly in the way of food thought the flounder was a bit dry but grudgingly admits it was "not too bad".

Somehow during the meal we engaged with a lovely Puerto Rican couple and sat for a while chatting. Such is the ambience of the place it did encourage communication. A lady nearby chatted as she took a photo of one of her heart throbs photos.

The decor and ambience, nautical, was just stunning. I hope my photos do it justice. The food an 2 glasses of wine cost us including a reasonable tip, 40k Chilean pesos $81OZZIE. Don't regret one cent. Jesus met us on e way out and made sure we were happy. YES.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Maybe everyone wants to eat meat in Chile so perhaps going to a seafood restaurant was not the right choice. I ordered the grilled fish, with shrimps and spinach and it edible but nothing great. Shrimps ended up to be these 3 tiny frozen shrimps. The waiter was friendly but there were periods where there were no waiters at all in the front room so everybody seemed to be just waiting and waiting. Would try some place else.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Our first day in Santiago and this unassuming restaurant was recommended. Fabulous choice if your looking for fresh seafood. We had the cerviche of which there are five choices. Wonderful. My wife had the tripetico, three fish (tilapia, flounder and salmon) all grilled and served in an iron skillet on a bed of corn pudding. Excellent! I had the perfectly grilled grouper. Loved it. Great wine. Reasonable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Azul Profondo, in the trendy Bellavista area lived up to its reputation as a great seafood restaurant. A stone's throw from Pablo Neruda's house, the restaurant's theme - blue ceilings with game fish mounted, added to the restaurant's eclectic atmosphere. What made it special was the service - Thank you Jose Riobveno!