“Excellent seafood, service. ”
Review of Azul Profundo

Azul Profundo
Ranked #242 of 5,015 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Chilean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Providencia
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Our first day in Santiago and this unassuming restaurant was recommended. Fabulous choice if your looking for fresh seafood. We had the cerviche of which there are five choices. Wonderful. My wife had the tripetico, three fish (tilapia, flounder and salmon) all grilled and served in an iron skillet on a bed of corn pudding. Excellent! I had the perfectly grilled grouper. Loved it. Great wine. Reasonable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Azul Profondo, in the trendy Bellavista area lived up to its reputation as a great seafood restaurant. A stone's throw from Pablo Neruda's house, the restaurant's theme - blue ceilings with game fish mounted, added to the restaurant's eclectic atmosphere. What made it special was the service - Thank you Jose Riobveno!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Shrimp ceviche had spoiled lettuce leaves and grouper a la plancha had fishy odor no wonder this place is empty while all surrounding restaurants are lively and full of people!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended by our travel company and our hotel. It was a big disappointment. We sat at a table outside on the pavement. The menu which was fairly extensive and mainly fish did have English translations of the dishes although these were not always helpful. It was a bit overwhelming. One of the senior waiters spoke reasonable English but not quite good enough to have a proper conversation and we felt he was a little patronising. In the end we relied quite heavily on his recommendations for a starter which was battered prawns and squid with tartar sauce which were OK. He recommended the most expensive white wine on the menu which was good but over £30 a bottle. My fault for ordering but this was a pretty blatant up sell. I ordered swordfish for my main. He suggested a side of "Chilean salad" which turned out to be tomatoes and onions and although the salad was ok it was rather superfluous as the fish came on a bed of baked tomatoes and onions. The fish itself was dry and flavourless. At the end of the meal I paid the bill which included a 10% tip in cash. About 1200 Pesos change was due but after waiting several minutes no one brought the change and I got the distinct impression/feeling they were not going to (although I could be completely wrong). I asked for it and it was brought without any problem. Whilst the change was only about £1.50 in value it was the principle and I felt we we being taken for granted. During the meal one of the waiters who brought some of our food stood around chewing gum and scratching himself sometimes with a table fork - not a good impression. All in all a most untypical experience of Chilean hospitality.

1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 18 February 2017

The title above says it all. The staff were attentive; service not hurried, portions generous, wonderful ambiance. Go there!