“Excellent hostel!!!”

The Bellavista Hostel
Ranked #33 of 507 Speciality Lodging in Santiago
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a couple of days after a couple of awful nights at Aji hostel. When we arrived we were exhausted.... recognizing this the owner put us in a double room instead of a dorm without charging us for the upgrade.
The rooms were clean, there is a huge hang out area, a kitchen and best of all it is right in the heart of all the action in bellavista without being noisy at night!
I couldn't recommend this hostel enough!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hostel was great! The location was amazing. Located by many fun restaurants, shops, and discotecas. This hostel was also close to a large metro stop at Plaza Italia. I originally planned to stay here for only 3 nights, but ended up changing it to 6 nights with NO PROBLEM. I got to stay in the same room too which was great. I was in a separate side of the hostel that is for more private rooms, not with all of the big dorm rooms. I felt so safe, even walking around alone when my local boyfriend was at work and school. The room was kind of small, but I didn't care at all. I had a big window that looked out onto the street below. Most of the front office employees were really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jessicaflippin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hostal is located in the best area of Santiago, vibrant Bellavista. Restaurants and theatres around, street art and more. But in the hostal bathrooms numbers are limited and the standard is poor. Double rooms have a decent size but are very noisy from inside and outside noises. The mattresses are horrible and the WiFi connection is the worst I have seen in South America. I would stay in the same area next time but not in Bellavista hostal again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Hansworld
ngonz, General Manager at The Bellavista Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I wanted to get back to you to say that the hostel is undergoing refurbishments. Bathrooms, kitchen and common areas first, guest rooms will follow.
Other upgrades since your stay include:
Serta@ spring matresses in every bed including dorm beds.
Fiberoptic dedicated internet connection with super wi-fi throughout the property.

If you are back in Santiago we hope to accommodate you again.

Regards,

Gonzalo Rodriguez

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here one night based on recommendation on Hostelworld and Tripadvisor.

The location honestly cannot be better in terms of proximity to nightlife and restaurants. The Providencia neighborhood is a great place to be.

The hostel left a lot to be desired....
- Loud - we were in their annex building with a room facing the street. There were drunk people talking loudly and singing from 3am to 6am from all the clubs. But, you are across from the hottest clubs in Santiago so I guess it comes with the territory.

- Not clean - First, we had a room with a shared bathroom where we had to go up a flight of stairs for the closet of a bathroom. It was not very clean but also was not disgusting. Again I guess it due course when you are sharing with some random folks. The bed itself was not very comfortable and the sheets left us wondering when they were washed last.

With that said, I was traveling with my wife and in our four months of traveling this was the only shared bathroom type situation we stayed in so our requirements may be higher than their target audience.

Overall, the place is not great and I would not recommend staying there. However, for the location was perfect and was literally a block from some of the best restaurants.

Room Tip: Get a room with a private bathroom.