I spend a week (4 nights) at the Ritz Carlton attending to a business trip. We were a delegation of several companies therefore we got an special rate for our stay, being a large group.
To be really honest, for the "normal" price (check online and is around $250 advanced purchase per night) I would not take this hotel for a future trip to Santiago, because at that price level your expectations are, of course, higher as well.
I've traveled around the world and staying from an Ibis to a Shangri-La, therefore I know exactly what to get from what hotel chain I choose. Being the Ritz Carlton brand, I expected much more, really.
In general service is really good, everybody smiles and all the staff is very welcoming. You feel nice with that service oriented team. Public areas are very well acconditioned, lobby is small but you have an addtional area attached were you can sit and relax waiting for your business partners.
Now, TOP & DOWN TREE - what's good and bad:
1. Location. You're in the middle of Las Condes area which is one of the nicest areas in Santiago. You have pleny of choices for lunch and dinner just by walking a few minutes. Area is totally secure and walking by night is safe.
2. Pool & Spa area: this is an "oasis" in the middle of downtown. Pool is very nice, besides is no so big. Water is tempered equal to a "normal" pool, therefore is not warm, is just OK as if you were in an outside pool in summer. You have and hot jacuzzi as well (too hot for me). Spa is heaven, where steam room is the best. Facilites are VERY nice and very well maintained.
3. Check-in & Check out: both were very quick and accurate. They explain that if you're a foreign visitor you don't have to pay taxes if a credit card is used to pay the bill. Eventhough check in process may be long, they try to do it as quick as possible. I like this in a hotel after a 10 hrs overnight flight.
1. Noise in connected rooms: I have stayed in other hotels were there is a door for access the other room but I had NEVER been so bother with noise at middle of the night coming from the conected room. And this is NOT because the coupple were too noisy (I knew they were a coupple because I heard ALL their convesation and laughs, and so on...) It was because doors were too thin and there was no other form of insolation to avoid noise coming. I just cannot belive this happens in a TOP five star hotel, really.
2. Elevators: this is what I found the most annoying. Despite there are 3 elevators, waiting time to get one of them is just toooo long!. Believe me, It is not that I'm picky person, no!... it takes too much to get one from the Lobby mainly... I belive you just have to wait.
3. Cleaning Maid service: 2 of the 4 nights toiletteries were no replenished. Those 2 days I left my room early and then I came back noon and cleaning service was not made. Then, I went off again and at my return there was always missing a bath carpet and ammenities. I don't see why the maid service lady just "forgot" to do her job complety.
Resume: if you get a VERY good rate that includes breakfast (average) and WIFI (additional if is not included in your package) I really dont find a reason to spend a pricey rate having another options in the area.
Like the movie "Great Expectations"... but they were not filled up at the Ritz Carlton Santiago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a unique location, with equal distance to both local beaches and ski resorts, The Ritz-Carlton, Santiago is the ideal starting point for your Chilean adventures. With 205 luxurious guest rooms and suites, including 49 Club Level rooms, we invite you to be inspired amid spectacular city and sweeping mountain views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Santiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Santiago Hotel Santiago
- Santiago Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Santiago