“Still closed!”
Review of Museo de la Moda

Museo de la Moda
Ranked #156 of 557 things to do in Santiago
Reviewed 4 July 2015

Looked on the Website - no information about anything like opening times. Took a Taxi there - the guy at the door told me it was closed since a long time and there is no end in sight!

Reviewed 26 January 2015

Encouraged by the reviews we went to the Museum last week, only to find out that it is currently closed until March. The guard at the entrance said that it was due to the collection being updated and repositioned.
Net effect was that we wasted a half day trying to visit something not open at present.
Apologies for the length of this but Trip Advisor rejected my first draft which gave the essential facts only (i.e. closed for re-furb) as lacking personal experience. It was of course based only too well on personal experience.

7  Thank George J
Reviewed 5 December 2014 via mobile

One's reaction to this museum depends on who you are and what you do. I went with a friend who is a women's ready to wear designer. He was delighted with the place. I was delighted he was delighted. Hard to find; we finally hailed a cab.

1  Thank CarmichaelVentura
Reviewed 24 September 2014

This museum is absolutely stunning! The building is gorgeous, the grounds very well kept. There is a cute cafeteria and gift shop to complete the visit. I visited a very well curated exhibit on outfits of previous world cups, it was really fun. The only down side was that more than half of the museum is closed and under renovation. I was told it would open again in March 2015.

3  Thank mariaortiz
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I had been to Santiago before for a longer trip and didn't make it to this museum so at the end of my trip to Argentina I had one day in Santiago before flying home. I decided to go to this museum (& the shopping mall nearby).

Currently there's a World Cup exhibition on in this museum. In my opinion it was very good. A really nice little museum.

Some previous reports on here have said it's difficult to find but I had a tourism map and it was only a 10-15 minute walk from the subway.

1  Thank EJG_UK