“Wasn't quite as we expected, but certainly suited our purposes”
Review of Chileapart.com

Chileapart.com
Ranked #83 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 10 April 2016

We were holidaying in Santiago for 4 nights only. The apartment suited our purposes in that respect, but was disappointing because the reception desk was operated by ladies who spoke no English. This made asking for help difficult - although they certainly were very helpful as far as they could be. We liked the no key system of accessing our apartment, it's size and general cleanliness. But there was no air conditioner and in February, facing towards the sun much of the day, the apartment certainly warmed up. We could not access the pool either. The apartment is centrally located, close to a supermarket, restaurants, and shopping. I was concerned about security because there was no way of locking the door on to our balcony except with our luggage blocking the movement of the door. As a consequence we put all our travel documents into the safe supplied in the apartment. Wifi, which was available, was extremely hard to access - to the point that we gave up.

Room Tip: Our room was in A tower, and faced the Mercred street - it wasn't too noisy, but rooms in other...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed for a week at Chile Apart and had a great stay. Our room was just like the pictures and had a kichenette (and the basics) we made good use of. Not too much closet space but it's fine for a short visit. From the hotel you can walk to sights like the plaza de armas and precolombian art museum (which we absolutely loved), as well as grest eateries in the Lastarria neighborhood. Gym has lots of space to work out in. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Reception area is very small and uncomfortable

We were assigned to 1508B a very nice loft
The TV was not working but did not bother us

Location is good and convenient as there is a supermarket in the complex

It is walking distance to restaurants

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Chileapart is a 4 tower residence that rents unsold units as hotel rooms. It is located 1 1/2 blocks from the Plaza de Armas (central square) It has a full service supermarket NEXT door! There is a doorman for security and an excellent tourguide (Marco Ruiz) based onsite! The hotel staff is very helpful (contacts, computer use, repaired cable TV box, interpretor,etc.)
The price is more than reasonable (less than $80 per night for 2) and is a big winner!

Room Tip: we were on the street side and it was still noise-free!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank onedum
Reviewed 28 March 2016

If you really want a feel for the city of Santiago and the people, then this is the place for you! The building is mostly occupied with locals and it is a great way to experience how different yet the same people from each city are. I enjoy comparing how everyday life is different (or the same) all over the world and this was the place to do it. In my opinion, I develop the habits of the city faster being around locals and it becomes easier to blend in to your surroundings, which makes visiting a place less awkward. So if you are like me, then there is no better option except for ChileApart.

Walkable to most attractions and a variety of restaurants. Taxi's are plentiful in Santiago if you need to go somewhere more further. Just step on the street and you can easily catch one.

Shuttle drivers at the airport quickly knew the location so it was an easy transit to the area.

Rooms were fabulous, clean and spacious. It was exactly as if you were living in an apartment or condo. I had a one bedroom, one bath unit and it came with all utilities. Stove, Utensils, fridge, couch, tv, everything. Wifi worked fine the entire time. Going to the top of the building gave me amazing views of beautiful Santiago so don't forget to visit the top!

Only issue I had was when checking in. I arrived at 5PM and my room was not ready. I had to wait for about an hour before I finally entered my unit. I was a little tired from my flight so I wasn't pleased when I heard I couldn't check in yet. Once I got into my room, it was smooth sailing.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo