Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful fitness appropriate hike and trip to Valparaíso

We had an excellent time with Oliver over Christmas. Oliver chose and tailored a beautiful hike... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Caroline W
A beautiful and challenging hike

I traveled to Santiago by myself and was looking for a difficult and moderately priced experience... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
anne29463
Timmins, Canada

All reviews trekking poles nature reserve excellent hike day hike great guide chilli oli ropes peaks gear hikers loca yerba glacier pace knowledge valley
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were only in the Santiago area for two days and wanted to make the very most of it - SO glad we found our saviour Oli!!!!
My parents are from British Columbia and had been touring Chile for a few weeks, while my son and I flew doing from Ontario to hook up with them for a short time. We are all avid hikers, but had no idea where to go or how to get useful info about trekking the incredible mountains around Santiago. We found Oli online and within hours, we had an awesome plan for the next two days. He took us to Quebrada de Macul, just outside city limits, the first day and Yerba Loca Nature Reserve the second day. He picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel. He brought food, tekking poles, all the required first aid gear and even yummy energy drink crystals for our water bladders. More importantly: he was professional, courteous, funny, knowledgeable and had obviously spent loads of time not only in the areas we hiked, but all over the surrounding ranges.
We had two purely awesome days, both around 6 hours of perfect hiking with incredible views. The trek in Yerba Loca was definitely a highlight. Surrounded by massive glaciers and peaks, with magnificent 360 degree vistas, condors soaring overhead, enough to give you goose bumps and make you feel like you have entered a different world just an hour from the big city.
Oli, thank you so much for giving us a taste of the gems around Santiago - we sincerely left there feeling like we succeeded in making the most of our brief stay and that is largely thanks to you. If you are ever in Canada, you know what to do!!
Kevin, Finn, Sharon and Cam

oliver w, Owner at Wechu Tours Chile, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thanks so much for your kind review!!! it was amazing to share time with you all, such nice family..
I will never forget those Condors low flying towards us hahaha!

I will be in touch when I reach Canada for sure.
A big hug to you all!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Couldn't recommend Oliver more. On my first day in Santiago, Oliver led me up Cerro Provincia. Transportation was great (we were dropped off at a bus stop, then took a bus to the base of the trailhead - super easy) and the hike was even better - amazing views on a clear day, and Oliver provided a number of photos after the trek was done (perk for those who like to brag about their excursions on social media).

He also organized wine tours at Santa Rita and Concha y Toro on my final day in Santiago. Oliver picked myself and a friend up at our hostel, then drove us to both wineries.

Added plus that he's English, and speaks Spanish (for a gringo like me, it was perfect).

Thanks Frank, I am glad you had a great time!!! It was fun, especially to see you reach the summit of Cerro Provincia an run back down!! Not many people have what it take s to make it...

Hope all is well and I will be in touch for sure..

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Me and my brother had a great day out in the hills, with Oli as our guide. We're keen hikers but didn't know the area and didn't have a car. So I contacted Oli and he helped us design an affordable day trip to suit us.

We hiked through a lovely valley, near the hot springs, all the way up to a glacier. And then finished our day with a dip in the hot springs - the perfect ending to a great day, It was ideal to find an English speaking guide, with good knowledge of the local hills around Santiago, to help us make the most of our short stay in Santiago. This trip included transport, food and hiking poles.

Thanks again Oli:)

Hi Jenni! Thanks for the review, it was a special day indeed. Hope all is well back home!!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I had excellent day's hike with Oliver up Cerro El Pintor.

We had drove out to La Parva and then hiked up into stunning views over the surrounding mountains, glaciers and distant volcano.

This was a full day hike starting at nearly 3000m and climbing to over 4000m. So this was fairly strenuous but was what I wanted. Oliver was great and kept a watchful eye on my well-being, advice on hiking, trekking poles and descending through loose stones.

Throw in some pleasant conversation about life in Santiago and it all made for a great day.

Hey Andy, it was an awesome day on top of the world! Well done making it to the summit..

Hope all is well,

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Oli is a great guide! We spent an entire day exploring Quebrada De Macul. Although I love hiking, I am not in the best shape, and Oli made sure we did something at a pace that I could handle. I had a great time, saw amazing views, and cooled off in the water. I would definitely recommend Oli to guide your exploration!

Hey Beau, thanks for the review! It was a really fun day walking up the river.. It's already too cold to do that now. I am glad you had a great time..
Hope all is well,