“Two days into the mountains”
Review of Wechu Tours Chile

Wechu Tours Chile
Ranked #44 of 208 Outdoor Activities in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wechu tours, personalised guided trekking with an English guide (Oliver Widdaker), based in Santiago, Chile. Some of the highest mountains in the Andes are visible from the routes where we will take you. We specialise in taking people where other tour companies don't. The focus is to take you to out of the way places to get that in the wild experience, all this is possible in one day or over a few days. Guided: Hiking, Trekking, Walking, Mountain Climbing, Mountain Biking, Mountain bike Enduro, private but fun tours of Val Paraíso/Viña Del Mar, the coast and more...
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went into the mountains with Oliver for two days. Wonderful experience. Oliver is a great guide: very considerate, professional, and kind. When I would be back again in Santiago, he is the person I would call to do another hike.

All reviews
"peaks"
"gear"
"loca"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were only in the Santiago area for two days and wanted to make the very most of it - SO glad we found our saviour Oli!!!!
My parents are from British Columbia and had been touring Chile for a few weeks, while my son and I flew doing from Ontario to hook up with them for a short time. We are all avid hikers, but had no idea where to go or how to get useful info about trekking the incredible mountains around Santiago. We found Oli online and within hours, we had an awesome plan for the next two days. He took us to Quebrada de Macul, just outside city limits, the first day and Yerba Loca Nature Reserve the second day. He picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel. He brought food, tekking poles, all the required first aid gear and even yummy energy drink crystals for our water bladders. More importantly: he was professional, courteous, funny, knowledgeable and had obviously spent loads of time not only in the areas we hiked, but all over the surrounding ranges.
We had two purely awesome days, both around 6 hours of perfect hiking with incredible views. The trek in Yerba Loca was definitely a highlight. Surrounded by massive glaciers and peaks, with magnificent 360 degree vistas, condors soaring overhead, enough to give you goose bumps and make you feel like you have entered a different world just an hour from the big city.
Oli, thank you so much for giving us a taste of the gems around Santiago - we sincerely left there feeling like we succeeded in making the most of our brief stay and that is largely thanks to you. If you are ever in Canada, you know what to do!!
Kevin, Finn, Sharon and Cam

oliver w, Owner at Wechu Tours Chile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much for your kind review!!! it was amazing to share time with you all, such nice family..
I will never forget those Condors low flying towards us hahaha!

I will be in touch when I reach Canada for sure.
A big hug to you all!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Couldn't recommend Oliver more. On my first day in Santiago, Oliver led me up Cerro Provincia. Transportation was great (we were dropped off at a bus stop, then took a bus to the base of the trailhead - super easy) and the hike was even better - amazing views on a clear day, and Oliver provided a number of photos after the trek was done (perk for those who like to brag about their excursions on social media).

He also organized wine tours at Santa Rita and Concha y Toro on my final day in Santiago. Oliver picked myself and a friend up at our hostel, then drove us to both wineries.

Added plus that he's English, and speaks Spanish (for a gringo like me, it was perfect).

Thanks Frank, I am glad you had a great time!!! It was fun, especially to see you reach the summit of Cerro Provincia an run back down!! Not many people have what it take s to make it...

Hope all is well and I will be in touch for sure..

Oli

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Me and my brother had a great day out in the hills, with Oli as our guide. We're keen hikers but didn't know the area and didn't have a car. So I contacted Oli and he helped us design an affordable day trip to suit us.

We hiked through a lovely valley, near the hot springs, all the way up to a glacier. And then finished our day with a dip in the hot springs - the perfect ending to a great day, It was ideal to find an English speaking guide, with good knowledge of the local hills around Santiago, to help us make the most of our short stay in Santiago. This trip included transport, food and hiking poles.

Thanks again Oli:)

Hi Jenni! Thanks for the review, it was a special day indeed. Hope all is well back home!!