All reviews bruce lee sister hotel clarke quay great location deluxe room small fridge breakfast is served basic amenities rooms are small spent nights choose this hotel within walking distance the hotel staff minute walk hairdryer chinatown mrt
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Size of room as per photo. No place to rest other than bed, which was a brick to sleep on. I agree with previous review regarding peeling wall paper and need for fresh paint.
Air conditioning struggled and we had some uncomfortable nights.
Be prepared to take a shower and completely flood floor which may be a hazard for the less sure footed.
The ability to do your washing was very appreciated, roof top laundry facilities available for fee.
We did not try breakfast at sister hotel.
Main negative for me though was the cleanliness, long black hair on floor when we arrived, still there when we checked out. Cleaning the toilet, includes cleaning underneath, which I did on the second day, that's poor by any standard.
This hotel is however in a terrific position, a street back from Clarke Quay, with a quick walk across street to Clarke Central where we had breakfast most days. MRT is situated within shopping centre.
If you are prepared for size room and slightly run down condition, this will suit a younger traveller. Reception staff were very helpful.
We are late 50's, early 60's couple and we struggled a bit. If not for fact we had prepaid room, we would have moved.
On our 5th trip to Singapore, have stayed a variety of places, but we will not be staying here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Hotel room clean with everything you need, the pillows a bit uncomfortable but the location is excellent. Staff are friendly and helpful. Will stay there again. No problem with hot water, or with water for that matter. Aircon worked well which is essential after a hot Singapore day/ night out in the street.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I enjoyed my stay. However, I am a low maintenance traveler, give me AC, hot water, solid cable and security and I am happy. The hotel is small with compact rooms, so if you are looking for a relaxing place to retreat and relax this is not for you (there is no room with a view), but if you are transiting or just need a solid base of operations to enjoy Singapore this is a good spot. The room met my needs, but you should know there are only two places to sit a small plastic chair or the bed, and you can only access the bed from the bottom, so if you are elderly or have mobility issues this is not the hotel for you, and if two share the room you will be bumping into each other.

A few minor quibbles there is only one mirror in the room and its on the door, there is no shower curtain, and the hot water was sometimes a little slow to arrive.

The hotel staff were professional.

The great location puts you between Clarke Quay and Boat Quay, so you have access to excellent dining. There is a shopping mall and MRT station right across the road, with Chinatown one stop away. You are within walking distance of the Asian Civilizations Museum, Cavenagh Bridge, and the Raffles Statue.

The hotel worked for me. I enjoyed my stay and would use the hotel again.

Room tip: No rooms with a view.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Our stay was only 3 nights so we picked this hotel for the location. The room was tiny, but it had some drawers for storage and room under the bed for luggage. The hot water was a bit tempermental but came through hot eventually. Toiletries are provided. The toilet is VERY close to the wall and you nearly need to sit sideways on it. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room as well as a small fridge and about 4 power points for charging things ( they are suitable for all types of plugs). Yes it is looking a bit run-down, but when we were there they were in the process of painting inside. We found the mattress very hard compared to our own, but the staff were very helpful when we asked for different pillows. The block-out curtains helped to block the street lights outside very well. The breakfast was supplied by their sister hotel around the corner (just show your room card) and it is a reasonable buffet with hot food and fruit and a range of Asian food.

Room tip: Room 555 is away from the lift and has a large window that looks out over the back laneway, but does let in sunshine.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn M
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I went to Singapore for official reasons... So obviously price wasn't a factor for me... I loved the location... The room was cute, tiny and compact, I know what you are thinking these were the most positive words I can think for a small room...

The facilities were satisfactory for me like coffee machine, water(OMG the water is of great purity both drinking and washroom), complimentary breakfast so on and so forth.

But it can be noted that these are normal things that an average 3* hotel provides, But for me the satisfaction came when I left the hotel and nearly after 3 weeks. I was in need of the invoice receipt of my stay for my reimbursement.

I was absolutely sure that this isn't going to be an easy task and I wrote the amount off within my mind. But to my surprise when I contacted the hotel the lady at the desk helped me by immediately sending the bill to my email.

For me apart from basic amenities the extra mile that's being taken for customer satisfaction is what would make my stay more pleasant.

Date of stay: July 2017