“Must Do for food in Singapore - fantastic!”

Wing Seong Fatty's (Albert) Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 10,930 Restaurants in Singapore
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rochor
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Must Do for food in Singapore - fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Although I live in Singapore and visit Bugis regularly I had not eaten in Fatty's before. Four of us ate lunch there and would definitely highly recommend it. It's a family business with a local feel from the moment you enter. We were not sure what to order and were given excellent advice from our waiter about what might suit us. I am vegetarian and wanted noodles - although veggie noodles are not on the menu they offered to make me some. We didn't have to pre-order rice it just appeared miraculously whenever we asked for it. Cold beer at a reasonable price as well. Overall we had the best food since arriving in Singapore and will be back for more. This is a great place to visit as it isn't touristy and if you are not sure exactly what you might like they are very helpful and willing to make dishes up for you if you ask. Absolutely fantastic.

1 Thank Debbie R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
“OK-La”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Had a feed here after wandering around SimLim Plaza (it’s directly opposite).
Food was OK, service so-so and beer cold, but I can’t really see how this has made it into T/A's top 20 restaurants in Singapore as it really didn’t stand out over a number of similar style places we ate in. A small mud-crab, a couple of meat dishes, some vegetables and three large Tiger beers was just under S$100.
Enjoyed a better meal for less at the (very touristy) large seafood place in the middle of Chinatown.

Melbourne
“Great food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

A 'budget' restaurant with great food at great prices. A no nonsense approach with quick and efficient service. On advise from other reviewers we tried the spring rolls and clay pot chicken which were both fantastic. You can dine in the restaurant or on tables out in the shopping mall and watch an interesting passing parade. Highly recommended for a quick and tasty meal washed down with cold beer- no wine available.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely local restaurant in a big city”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Ate at Fatty's last night after recommendation from friends and tripadvisor. Came here with high hopes that I'd try some good honest local food and I did not leave disappointed.

This family run business has been going strong for three generations. Got chatting with the current owner and it was opened by his grandfather back in 1924 (I believe??). You can really see why it has been going for so long. They take pride in their food and that makes a big difference.

The atmosphere is casual with a lively yet family feel to it. I ate the chilli crab (a must), the claypot chicken and the fried frogs legs. I'll admit, I think my eyes were bigger than my stomach last night but it had to be done. Each of the dishes were as good as the rest. I would also recommend washing it down with some of their lemon juice. Very refreshing especially on a hot day.

It is nice go to to a good honest down to earth restaurant in Singapore. I've eaten here a lot and most of the restaurants I've been too are up market and very expensive. It is good to find a place like fatty's.

Its in a good area of town too, if you're visiting I recommend going for a stroll afterwards to see a different side of Singapore.

1 Thank Foodgoorou
Melbourne, Australia
“If you visit Singapore - you need to eat at Fattys”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My partner and i ate here 3 of the 5 nights we stayed in Singapore, we feasted on there rice ( with chicken and salty fish) the Keow teow and the famous claypot chicken. Beer was the same price as what you pay in a 7/11 but its ice cold and served under the stars and goes well with a couple serves of spring rolls. You know its a good place when the tables are full of pilots and airline crews getting there stopover meals as well as the locals dining out.

We were fortunate enough to hear the story about how Fattys restaurant begun so many years ago and were honored to have eaten in a restaurant with such humble beginnings.

If you get one meal in Singapore - get it at Fattys.

• Visited August 2012