“Relaxed family brunch”

Open Farm Community
Reserve with Chope
Open Farm Community is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #665 of 12,343 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Close to Orchard in Dempsey, yet feels like a place in the country, the Open Farm Community is a great venue for a relaxed brunch with family and friends. Young children are welcome and regularly entertained by the roaming wildlife. The handsome rooster was safely ensconced in his pen with a couple of other chickens, while a small bantam wandered through the maze of diners at brunch on Easter Sunday. The kids, armed with an Easter basket went in search of Easter eggs and stuffed themselves with the chocolate proceeds.There is a limited but healthy and yummy menu. We had salmon crepes, lamb crusted scotch eggs with sweet potato fries while the children tucked into a short pasta version of spaghetti bolognese.

SEG_FandB, Marketing at Open Farm Community, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hi Lynn S,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having you back! Have a wonderful day! :)

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a table for 4 through Chope and had indicated that it was to celebrate my husband's birthday.

We ordered the omakase for two person and two dishes for our children. The mixed beans salad came across as being too raw for my kids, but I kind of like it, made me felt I was eating healthy. Both my husband and I love the chawamushi and crab meat pasta, but the tamarind sorbet was not quite a taste that suit our palates.

As mentioned, when I made the reservation, I had indicated that we were going to celebrate a birthday, so I was a little disappointed when the restaurant gave us a table near the door that opens to the outdoor sitting, and wait staff were constantly walk past our table.

There were guests near us receiving a complimentary dessert for celebrating someone's birthday, so my young son blurted out loudly that today is his father's birthday too, why didn't he get anything. Our waiter heard it and came back with a plate of dessert and helped us took pictures while we sang my husband a birthday song. And with that, he saved the rating for Open Farm Community, which I would have, otherwise, rated it AVERAGE.

SEG_FandB, Marketing at Open Farm Community, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Cheong C,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you had a good time with us, as we are continuously looking for ways to be better, we will highlight your experience to the team to have a look into and improve upon. We look forward to having you back with us. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Went here after going to the Botanic Gardens as it was recommended by my local friend. It's about a five min walk from Botanic Gardens so very convenient. Had the salmon crepe and my friend had the benedict (think it was pulled pork?) and they were both great! Portions are not huge and it's not cheap but I'm not sure any brunch places in Singapore are cheap! Really nice atmosphere as well with friendly service and lots of light. Saw lots of families there too (there's an outside area with a small playground) so I think it's probably kiddie friendly.

SEG_FandB, Marketing at Open Farm Community, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hi jessicag0h,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We are looking forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Its location is a lovely spot, so close to town yet so tranquil when you get to it. Great place to chill and relax and enjoy a brunch with family and friends.
I love the fact that 30-40% of their own produce in the backyard they use in their food. Everything is organic. The restaurant reminds me of a green house. Its buzzing and busy but servers are on top of things.
The menu is not superbly huge but its enough. Quality is great too.
My son was taken out to the back to get a quick tutorial of all the different plants around. Hugely eye opening for him.
We would go back for sure.Pity though that you are limited for a 90 minute session for brunch. It just limits your time to really sit and chill.

Hi Poonam K,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that your son had a tour around our farm-garden. That must have been exciting! We are looking forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We just visited in late February and quite frankly it was the best meal we’ve had in Singapore. I saw some negative reviews on the “small” plates however the portion sizes we very large. We ordered the bean and broccoli plates and both were superb. The wine and malt beer were also quite tasty. I would go back again if I come to Singapore in the futures

Hi Stephen G,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and we are looking forward to having you back again on your next visit to Singapore. Have a wonderful day!