“Bad service, food quality drop. Not worth it.”
Review of YAKINIKU DAIDOMON - CLOSED

YAKINIKU DAIDOMON
sINGAPORE
“Bad service, food quality drop. Not worth it.”
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I had good experience in Daidomon when they were located in Beach Road. They had good quality beef, servers that were efficient and knowledgeable. Recently I went back with a friend to the United Sq branch, and the whole experience left us very frustrated and disappointing.
We checked with a female server on the menu, and she sounded very impatient and abrupt. The servers were inefficient, when asked a simple question, on what available drinks were offered together with the meal set. They had to check with one another. And each one of them said different answers. One said served with wine, and beer and juices. Another one said just hot tea and iced tea. We ordered the meal set which costed $178, and in my opinion, is completely not worth it at all. One is better off spending that kind of money in an authentic korean restaurant, plus thrown in service served from the heart. Each tray of meat comes in small portions, and maximum only 4 slices. We will definitely appreciate if the servers take the time to teach us to differentiate the different beef parts served. Cold appertizer was not fresh. As one user had ranted on the poor quality of sashimi, I fully agreed on the poor quality. Miso soup, was too bland. Even I could make a better one out of a ready made miso pack.
The meat cuts were pathetically small, and we felt that the beef quality (we ordered waygu set) were not as good as before. They did not taste very fresh. When we went to make payment at the cashier, we checked with the cashier Verma on the misc charged to the bill. He told us was for towels and the tea. I seeked clarification with him that the tea is served together with the meal, and thus should not be even charged inside the misc charge. And he did not even heed to my questions and feedback, he just busied himself with the payment, despite both of us were facing him. In my opinion at that time, he was only interested to get the payment, and get rid of us.
The staff was under trained, inefficient, seriously lacking in their own product knowledge and poor understanding of English. Their service was half hearted, food standards dropped considerably. It was the first time I had visited a restaurant with so much frustration. Ever a hawker gives a better service than these group of supposedly well trained servers coming from a good restaurant. Will I come back again? Definitely NO!

2 Thank dandanQQ
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great set meals esp beef”
Reviewed 24 February 2008

Great set meals esp beef

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“went there in a group of...”
Reviewed 30 January 2008

went there in a group of 8 for entertainment. didnt chose the buffet that cost about $50 per pax. End up we ate more than $50 per pax.

“Great yakiniku... Order...”
Reviewed 1 January 2008

Great yakiniku... Order ala carte... I love the jyo-karubi. Eat it wrapped in fresh lettuce with a dollop of mayonnaise and Korean chilli paste.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook