“One of the best place that you can eat Hong Kong food in Singapore.”
Review of Old Hong Kong Tea House - CLOSED

Old Hong Kong Tea House
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Joo Chiat
Reviewed 18 June 2011

If you miss Hong Kong food, this is one of the best place to go to in Singapore.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

I'm originally from Hong Kong, and among all the HK tea houses in Singapore, this is the only Tea House offering truly authentic Tea House fare as the lady boss once told me they even imported the condensed milk from HK to make the Milk Tea. We used to frequent it when there's no service charge and only cash or NETS (over $20 only) was accepted. Now they accept credit card, but I found that they also start charging 10% service charge. The standard of the food is still high, service is so-so, but the price seems higher now due to the added 10%, and (not sure if I'm hallucinating) the seemingly smaller portion. We used to pay around $20-25 for a tummy filling meal. Now it's over $30 (high price/smaller portion perhaps)? So we might not return any time soon, but will still recommend to those who want to try authentic HK tea house food.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Not bad! It's worth going if you have no where to go in particular.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 1 February 2008

I asked for my steak cooked rare and they served me a piece of raw beef.
Hugh variety But poor on quality and quantity. Good ambiance though. Service staff not that friendly; food waiting time tiring. Even when i rate it badly i still go back there at least once a week. Something I cant explain either.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 20 January 2008

I m suprised they are still around. ain't going back anymore.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook