“G&T Pairing Masterclass”

and up
Gin & Tonic Pairing Masterclass
Ranked #16 of 154 Nightlife in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: We like to think we make some half-decent drinks, but that is when we are sober. Your first couple of drinks might be crap but we guarantee that you everything will taste great after the fifth drink. We are on the Second Floor at 73 Amoy Street. Come up those dingy stairs and there is a chance that we might be open and sober enough to serve.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The Spiffy Dapper in trendy Amoy Street, Chinatown, is home to a G&T pairing masterclass sponsored by Colombo London Dry Gin. My masterclass was guided by the charming Czech mixologist, Pavel. Clearly a passionate expert, Pavel enthused that Singapore has become no. 3 in the world’s for cocktails. Gin tasting commenced straight away with 5 different tonics paired with Colombo, an old style juniper based London dry gin. The next round saw the same tonics paired with a newer botanical type gin and in the final round out came a whiskey-style gin. At the end of each round my favourite pairing was mixed in proper G&T measure with ice and all the trimmings by Pavel. The 2hr session was fun, educational and simply flew by. Highly recommended.

All reviews
"session"
"chinatown"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I've been to the Spiffy Dapper once before and loved the cocktails. The place is quite dark, but very cool and stylish with 1920s music, something different, very unique. When I was in the area again yesterday I brought my friend over and he loved it too, said he might bring his wife next time. Cocktails are pricey, but really inventive and tasty. I had one cocktail with strawberry vodka (I think), basil and balsamico.. who would mix these together and make a drink out of it? I loved it. I try to come more often!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Having visited Spiffy multiple times with friends for cocktails, I am glad to see that the standards of the service and drinks have been fairly consistent.

Their menu is rather extensive and the bartenders were really helpful in explaining the taste profile etc of the drinks.

The 'hidden' factor adds to the ambience, resulting in a really cosy and homely feel.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Nice ambience and friendly staff. Kinda 1920s themed, with good selection of drinks. They do bespoke as well.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co