1,391 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebeach roadphilippe starcktonic barjo maloneesplanade mrt stationsuntec cityhigh techplatinum memberlounge stafflounge accessremote controlmodern hotelturn down serviceinfinity poolpremier roomspecial thanks
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days and found it an excellent base to discover Singapore. Our room was one of the best we have stayed in with all the mod cons previous trip advisors have mentioned. The hotel is very modern and we appreciated the wonderful art work on display and the funky lifts. Throughout our stay we visited the pool on the 6th floor which we found better than the pool on the 18th floor if you wanted to lay out and sun bathe. We agree that sun loungers would be an added bonus however this did not stop us from enjoying this area and taking advantage of the impressive views.
A highlight for us must be the Executive lounge and the facilities it offered. Breakfast was more than adequate and my husband particularly liked it that after the first morning Kem knew exactly how he wanted his eggs. Afternoon tea, although we only visited once, included sandwiches, scones and cakes. In the evening we found the food exceptional. The choice was immense and you would have to be extremely picky to not find something to enjoy. We spent many a night meeting new friends over a glass of wine or prosecco. We could not write this review without mentioning Hazel and Melvin who both work in the lounge. All guests want to feel special and both of these staff made you feel this way. They greeted you with smiles and went out of their way to say hello and catch up on how our visit was going - a real credit to the JW Marriott brand. However throughout our stay we were impressed with the service we received from all staff and were made to feel very welcome.
The location is fabulous and we were able to visit many fantastic places of interest. Our favourites were the Gardens by the Bay and the show at night is a must. The Sentosa beach which is easy to get to on the Subway and we even got tickets to see a play at the Theatre on the Esplanade.
Singapore is one of the friendliest, cleanest and safest places we have ever had the pleasure to visit and the JW Marriott Hotel Singapore is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. We hope to return again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottSG, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Helen S,

Thank you for sharing this excellent review following your recent stay. It is a pleasure having you stay with us.

I am so pleased to receive your complements regarding the modern design and your appreciation of the many art pieces and artistic ornaments which adorned our hotel. Thank you also for highlighting our well-appointed room and how much you enjoyed our pool at Ebb6 which overlooks the Marina Bay downtown.

Our team takes great pride in delivering exceptionally service to all of our guests and I am extremely proud to know that the Executive Lounge team, particularly Chef Ken, Melvin and Hazel, had made your stay so memorable. It is wonderful to know that you were very much impressed with the quality and wide selection of the food served at the Lounge as well.

I appreciate your kind recommendation and I sincerely hope to welcome you back again when you next visit Singapore.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The JW Marriott on South Beach is a must try. It’s not near a beach but near Marina Bay with the most beautiful city skyline. The club lounge is one of the best lounges with a great cheese & wine spread and other dinner options including laksa and mini hamburgers. The staff in the lounge was friendly and helpful with great overall service. The room was excellent with a bathtub and shower. In-room dining was very good and this hotel has one of my favourite club sandwiches served on sourdough with a local twist - highly recommend. There are two pools one with shade and one without, you will need to walk between the hotel towers for pool access. There is also a spa!

The hotel location is very good giving you access to Suntec City, one of the biggest shopping Malls in Singapore and it’s also located near the Esplanade train station, about 250m. Take the yellow line from the Esplanade to the Bayfront train station to visit Marina Bay Sands (MBS) and Gardens by the Bay. You will need to change over at Promenade (ask the concierge for directions) or just take a short taxi ride.

The Supertree Grove at Gardens by the Bay has two free daily light shows, the Garden Rhapsody worth watching at 7.45 & 8.45pm. I also love the Supertree by Indochine rooftop bar. Take the lift from one of supertrees and then take the stairs ALL the way to the top for the most spectacular 360 degree view. Marina Bay Sands is another place to visit with loads of food options including Wolfgang Puck’s steak restaurant The Cut, Gordon Ramsey’s Breadstreet, Mozza Pizzeria and Tetsuya’s Whaku Ghin.

Other favourites include the Smoke & Mirrors bar with one of the best views for sunset cocktails and if you like museums try the Lotus art museum or the National Gallery. Check the websites for special exhibitions. The Helix bridge is another beautiful piece of architecture to explore at night. An excellent hotel and area for a short Singapore trip!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Loaurily,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at JW Marriott Singapore South Beach and for highlighting us as the perfect hotel for staycation!

It is truly wonderful to read that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and I am very pleased to know that you were impressed with many aspect of your stay; especially your experience at the Executive Lounge with the food quality and the level of service extended to you from the team.

I am also delighted to know that you felt our in-room dining was great and that you enjoyed our hotel facilities. I could not agree more that we have the perfect location! With just a short walk from the Esplanade MRT station, major shopping malls and tourist attractions just minutes away; I am so glad that this had enhanced your stay with us.

Once again, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and I hope to welcome you back again in the very near future for another exceptional stay with us.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the Marriott at 6am and thought we would never be able to access our room prior to the afternoon check in time but our check in Clerk could not have done more for us and we were very grateful to be able to check in especially as we were really tired after our overseas flight. The JW Marriott is in a perfect location to do and see what you need not to mention the train line directly under the hotel which we used on numerous occasions during our 3 day stay. Room 9/10 (only because we don’t like firm mattresses) , staff all 10/10, Executive Lounge 7/10 was good and funky for a quick bite, The Beach Road restaurant 9/10 breakfast was amazing, something for everyone, pool 8/10 great view from 18th floor but pool too cold to swim in for long as does not get sun (would be amazing if it were heated) views amazing. The deck area and food on the 18th floor so relaxing and food was good. Overall l would say 10/10, thank you Marriott for making our first visit to Singapore memorable, thanks Luxury Escape for the awesome package and thanks Singapore we absolutely loved you .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottSG, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear MICHELLE F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing this wonderful review following your recent stay.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guest had a fantastic stay with us and I am thrilled to learn that you appreciate the smooth check-in process, our perfect location with just a short walk from the Esplanade MRT station and the shopping malls just across the hotel as well as our well-appointed room with the amenities within.

Thank you also for highlighting the excellent service from our team, your experience at the Executive Lounge and at our pool on Flow18. I do as well appreciate your kind words regarding the extensive spread and quality of our breakfast offerings at Beach Road Kitchen.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another ‘perfect 10’ experience with us in the very near future!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Excellent location and just an awesome hotel all around.

We arrived around 2am when the reception area was empty. We were served very prompt and taken to our room. We were upgraded to a Club Level room based on the Gold status. Our room was on the 20th floor facing south.

The rooms are tiny by the American standards, but they found room for everything and the washroom is simply put the best I have seen. The Toto toilet certainly made for an interesting experience, and the large rain-shower was nice and refreshing after a day long walk...

The pool on the 18th floor was small but it only got busy during the weekend. The views from there were amazing. The also enjoyed the bar, fuss-ball and pool table.

The executive lounge was the best I ever seen. Plenty of options during breakfast in particular and excellent service in addition to the good food. Special thanks to Ken from the lounge who made us awesome eggs every morning. We only told him once what we need and he remembered from that point on. We just had to say hi to him and couple minute later he will have our eggs. The staff at the lounge were quick to learn our names somehow and by the 3rd day or so, we were addressed by name. That is what I call attention and customer service....

Looking forward to my next trip to Singapore and to JW Marriott South Beach

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear botmi,

Thank you for being our loyal Marriott Gold Elite Member and for taking the time to write this 5-star review on TripAdvisor

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an awesome experience with us and that you enjoyed our dynamic location with close proximity to many amenities around the neighbourhood, our well-appointed room and its amenities within and of course, your enjoyable experience on Flow18.

Our associates takes great pride in delivering exceptionally service for all of our guests and I am especially pleased that you were impressed with the warm and personalised service the team at the Executive Lounge had rendered to you; especially Chef Ken with his perfect eggs each morning!

Thank you once again for the kind recommendation. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Singapore.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed here for three nights on the way home to the UK from Australia. The hotel is in a brilliant location. It's right above a metrol station and opposite the Suntec City mall. There are lots of restaurants around the hotel and it is a short walk to India town and also the Chinese area. We could also walk to the Marina area in about 15 minutes for the Marina mall there and the Skypark on top of the Marina Sands Hotel. So, the area is fantastic. The hotel is also very special. Incredible modern design and spectacular settings - even the lifts. Our room was not the hugest, but not as small as we feared from reviews it would be. Plenty of room to move around. Very large bathrooms with a big bath and shower. One of those electronic toilets which always made me smile.
Plenty of cupboard space, and facilities. We had breakfast in the Executive Lounge every day and it was very good. Plenty of variety. We also enjoyed evening snacks and cocktails in there. These were very generous. Quite a party every night. We tried both pools. They were both nice and very unusual.
Staff were extremely helpful and nice. My only criticism is that we didn't really feel welcomed on arrival as Gold Elite guests. I had to ask for normal benefits we would receive ie an upgraded room, breakfast etc. They hadn't been done automatically at all. Probably this hotel gets a great deal of Gold and Platinum members through and it's not as unusual as perhaps at some of the other hotels???? Anyway, just to be noted..... We would undoubtedly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear alliebdive,

Thank you for being our loyal Gold Elite Member and for sharing this 5-star review of your experience following your recent stay with us.

It is wonderful to know that you had an overall pleasant stay with us and I am delighted to know that you appreciate our dynamic location being just a short walk from the major shopping malls, attractions and Esplanade MRT station, our well-appointed room and the modern facilities within, your experience at the Executive Lounge and that you enjoyed both our infinity pools.

I have also noted your comments regarding the lack of recognition of your Gold Elite status and for this, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. This is not the level of service excellence which we strive for and I will take your feedback to the team for improvement.

I appreciate you for sharing your feedback with us and I hope to welcome you back again in the very near future.