“An Incredible Hotel Experience”

Ranked #24 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Limassol, Cyprus
“An Incredible Hotel Experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

While in town for business, the company booked us at the St. Regis Singapore. It was a 5 star experience from start to finish.

Checking in was easy and the staff were incredibly friendly. All the amenities were explained to me in detail and I was made to feel welcome. The room was immaculate. It was quite spacious, although I did expect just a little more space from the Caroline Astor suite. Yuri, the butler, gave me a tour of the room and a presentation on how to use the electronics and technologies available in the room (there is free wifi throughout the hotel). As my suit had wrinkled a bit from the long trip from Cyprus, room service steamed and pressed my suit at no extra charge.

Breakfast was overwhelming. Everything looked good. It was impossible to figure out what to eat every morning. The spa was also a fantastic experience. As previously mentioned, the staff at the hotel is wonderful. Everyone was professional and friendly.

The hotel's central location made it easy to get everywhere. The hotel is walking distance from Orchard Rd, several shopping centres, bars, etc. Transport is also readily available, as taxis tend to cater to the larger hotels in Singapore.

Everything about the St. Regis Singapore really is a luxury experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone willing to pay the price tag. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
, Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Electricious,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a kind and encouraging review.

We are very glad to hear that you felt welcomed, and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us –from the rooms and services available at our hotel, to the coveted prime location of Singapore’s very own Orchard Road.

Our sincere thanks once more for affirming our reputation.

We will continue to create memorable experiences for our valued guests like yourself and would be honoured to remain your address during your next visit to our garden city.

The St. Regis Singapore
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my parent's wedding anniversary. The hotel is beautiful and you can sense the St. Regis class as soon as you enter this property.

The rooms were a decent size and a great bathroom. A small TV in the bathroom and the heated mirrors were a great touch. Breakfast had a good selection and everything tasted great!

The service was just okay. We had mentioned a few notes about the pillow type, food restrictions, etc. in the butler form a week before checking in. To my surprise, nothing was really prepared according to our instructions. Our butlers never came to introduce themselves and no help to unpack/pack was offered.

The hotel manager was kind enough to acknowledge the problems and offered complimentary champagne and high tea we which all extremely appreciated!

The location is also just okay. It is a small walk to Orchard Road. But if you are looking for views, I would recommend hotels near the marina.

Overall, a good experience! Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Fantastic hotel. Stayed here for 3 nights as a Anniversary treat for the two of us in the Executive Deluxe Rooms. We were not disappointed in the slightest. Buffet breakfast had plenty of variety. On the weekends they have 2 areas in which you can have breakfast, even up to 11am which is great for the weekend sleep in. Noted the previous comments about the rudeness of staff, we couldn't have found them anymore accomodating!
The butler service was fantastic.. 24/7 coffee, tea and water. Nothing was too much for our butler (namely Anthony)!
Looking forward to coming back the next time we're in Singapore.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank JohnandAl
, Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear JohnandAl,

Thank you for your heartening compliments.

Your kind recognition has been conveyed to our staff, our St. Regis Butler Anthony in particular, to encourage and spur them on to continue in our commitment of uncompromising personal service for our esteemed guests.

We are honoured that The St. Regis Singapore was your choice of hotel for your very special Anniversary celebration, and we are delighted to know that it was a leisurely and memorable treat for both of you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again, and endeavour to continue delivering the exceptional, to make your return another captivating experience.

Queensland
Reviewed 23 June 2012

3rd time @ St Regis Singapore this visit to celebrate 28th wedding anniversary advised hotel beforehand of bedding requirements as wife is asthmatic and to inform as to why we were returning (wedding anniversary) Upon arrival bedding request met as requested check in was early morning but no room available until 12.30pm which was ok. Butler service great but took a while before the penny dropped that we wished to have tea- set in room to make our own cuppa without having to bother anyone, very annoying though they took it each mornng at room clean and we had to keep requesting it, not ideal.Rooms are getting a wee bit dated with stains on furnishings and carpet but generally very clean, bathroom amenities appear to be much smaller than on our 2 previous stays (cost cutting I expect) Breakfast superb yet again fantastic variety. Restaurant Mgr Leila is brilliant she asked the reason for our visit again (she remembered us from earlier trips) explained the wedding anniversary and she organised a lovely slice of baked cheesecake to our room to say congratulations. At no time did the hotel itself acknowledge we were their to celebrate this milestone until we checked out. Reception asked if we enjoyed it !!! I personally found this a letdown as it was a special ocassion and it would have made our day perfect with some kind of acknowledgement as other hotels do and they were fully aware why we staying again. The doormen, what can I say, they are the first people to greet us on arrival and the last to say goodbye and they are all so genuinely friendly and gracious nothing to much effort at all, they provided us with water every day we went out walking and all with a big caring smile. Overall the St Regis is still a fine place to stay, we will be saving hard for another trip next year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband and i stayed here for two nights last November. I had a 6 month old and a 3.5 yr old in tow, straight to here from a long stay in another five star hotel in Phuket. We organised the Jet Quay service from the airport which St Regis orgnanised also to pick us up in a Bently which had a great chauffeur.
My expectations of them slowly declined , and I got the feeling that their expectations of us were also not to their 'standards'. Weird I know, but more than once I got the stare down of what I was wearing right down to my shoes, which were incidentlly strappy slide ons! Surely they understood that picking us up froma flight from thailand, we will not be in our best dress!

Lets get to the practical. We had the Lady Astor Room which wasnt cheap.
So they havea butler there, who basically had no idea as to what i needed. The cot was very very outdated...iron cast rail cot that you cannot lower sides to. I am short, i cannot put baby into this medi-evil cot unless i stood on my head! We arrived quite late and so i needed to put my baby to sleep, and my toddler slept in his own bed, so by 9 pm my husband and kids were asleep.
I went downstairs to the Drawing Room. The were only one other american couple there, and leach time the waitress came to me, i was treated somewhat differently because i was ruining her conversation with these guests.
Anyway i ordered something, and after 5 min my husband called from our hotel room to advice that baby had woken up and he required me to come up. So i immediately told my waitress if she could take my order to my room but NOT to ring the door bell because i had babys asleep, if they could just please knock , and i got no response to this. I headed up first and, low and behold the doorbell rang! I opened it up with somewhat annoyance... They were oblivious to my annoyance.

The problem with this hotel is not the decor or the furnishings etc, but the staff's ability to understand on a practical level what a family with children require. I apologise for not weariing clothes that impressed you fron start, but trekking around in phuket in my ball gown and to fly off to St regis straight away was a really hard thing to accomplish.
Staff just did not seem to understand the needs of the mother to look after her kids. I got plenty of blank stares...most of the stadf were young so prob had no kids.. Rooms were small and the remote controk windows and lights impractical.
Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Dont stay with kids... Dont use their cot...its cold steel and u cant open on the side or even be lo...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JacOnH0liday
, Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear JacOnH0liday,

Thank you for your review.

It is indeed regrettable that you left our hotel feeling frustrated when you stayed with us last year in November.

Foremost, I sincerely apologise that you were made to feel uneasy about your dresscode when at the hotel. We certainly understand our guests’ need to dress comfortably, and it was not acceptable for our staff to have made you feel conscious of your attire.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the baby cot, as it is through feedback like yours that we can better understand and cater to the needs of our guests. Please rest assured we will take this into consideration when we review our practices in preparing for guests with children.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay. We hope you and your family will consider returning to our hotel, for what we hope will be a more enjoyable experience tailored to your family’s needs.

I invite you to contact me directly at the hotel, so that I can work towards regaining your confidence.