“Excellent!!”

Lanson Place Winsland
hungary
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I recently stayed here for a month as part of our relocation to Singapore and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others for both short and long term stays. There are a few cons, but they are certainly outweighed by al the pros.
My husband relocated in September last year, and one weekend I sent him to look at a few options for our month-long January stay (for him, myself and 15-year old). After seeing about 6 services apartments, he confirmed that Lanson Place Winsland was the best of all the options in our price range.
Booked over the internet with Terecia in Reservations, who was at all times efficient and friendly; her follow up was excellent and professional.
Arrived late one night in early January and took advantage of the free airport pickup service offered for stays of one month and over. Driver was late in meeting our flight and I was concerned this was not a good omen. However, once we arrived at the apartments everything went smoothly. We were shown to our 2 bedroom executive apartment and given a quick tour of the apartment and its amenities (i.e. how to use the Jura coffee machine, washer/dryer instructions if required etc).
By Singapore standards the apartment was spacious and well equipped; my only gripe would be that it was very dark and is a little dated in parts. However, it had absolutely everything we needed - master bedroom with full ensuite (bath with overhead shower), dressing table, safe, cable tv; second bedroom (2 singles); small second bathroom (shower and toilet); living/dining area - desk, couch, armchair, lamps, 2 types of cable tv (Starhub & Mio), dining table + 4 chairs; bar stools at kitchen servery; kitchen was well equipped if a little dated - oven, microwave, large fridge/freezer, combined washer/dryer, dishwasher, full complement of crockery, cutlery, kitchen accessories, microwave, toaster, Jura coffee machine. We were also provided with a starter pack for the kitchen (cereal, juice, drinks, jam, butter, milk, coffee beans, tea etc), which was a nice touch. Each apartment has full wifi and it always worked really well.
You can order food from several nearby restaurants (even McDonalds delivers 24/7), although there are restaurants, supermarkets all within walking distance (under 5 minutes).
Used the gym every day - staff were very helpful when I needed assistance with tuning the DVD player; small towels provided in gym; cold water.
Pool is on the top floor and is functional and modern; plenty of pool towels available; ice, bbq facilities.
Business centre has pcs and a Mac, scanner, printers, small conference room, lounge area with tv, books, DVDs, magazines and newspapers, coffee machine, fridge with bottled water.
Location is fantastic - right near Orchard Road, Somerset MRT, several huge shopping malls (313 @ Somerset; Orchard Central, Centrepoint etc); near a taxi rank, bus stops to everywhere, easy to get to Istana and Plaza Singapura, Singapore River, Fort Canning etc. The no. 36 bus from the airport even stops right outside.
The absolute best thing about this apartment is the staff. Everyone we encountered all month long was friendly, helpful and professional - they just could not do enough for us, bent over backwards to help us and make our stay as pleasant as possible, even going above and beyond the call of duty. All the men at reception, head of housekeeping, maintenance men - all of them were fantastic.
On Chinese New Year we were invited to a Lion Dance and a buffet lunch, which was a lovely touch.
I can highly recommend Lanson Place for both short and long term accommodation in central Singapore. (Speaking of long term - I met one couple who have been living there with their dog for more than 2 years and have no complaints!)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank lgbudapest
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I had come to Singapore on a business trip and found Lanson Place to be the perfect place to stay considering the very high rates of hotels in Singapore. LP has a good list of ameneties, a fully loaded kitchennette including a coffee maker, washing machine, microwave, 3 door fridge, washing machine, dishwasher & oven. The Location is perfect with bus stop right outside and the Somerset MRT Station in a minute's walk. Orchard Road is just on the next parellel lane and central for all kinds of shopping. The rooms are nicely done, with a good living room, working desk, free broadband and TVs in the bedroom as well. The staff are very courteous and warm, special mention for Franklin who ensured that our stay was good. They also allowed us to check in 15 minutes prior to the regular check-in time of 1300 hrs as the room was available. This Serviced Apartment is perfect for business and family trips. Couples with kids need not worry at LP. They also have a good Gym and Swimming pool. There are some good local restaurants towards Kiliney road in the direction of the local police station. Very Safe area too, as i returned to the hotel at 1 am in the morning. The nearby Somerset Station has a 7-11 convenience Store for your local groceries.

Room Tip: Go for the 2 bedroom apartments. They are worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank anandiyer
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed at Lanson Place Winsland with my family of 4 for 4 nights last September. I had e-mailed them to requiet a shorter stay, and they immediately replied that it was possible and how to go about it. I filled out their lease form, scanned it, and sent it back to them which was a little bit of effort but well worth it in the end. Lanson is is a top notch location near Orchard Rd, but yet is in a quiet office building area. It was also easy to take MRT from the airport, and just walk about 2-3 blocks from the Somerset MRT station. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom which had a nice layout. The kitchen was well-equipped and included all the items to cook with, which I did for my 2 year old. The Jura coffee machine was a bonus, but was a bit complicated and broke after 2 days. I wish they had a Nespresso machine instead, which is a lot easier to use. The apartment also had a washer/dryer which took a while to figure out, but once we did we could do all our laundry relatively quickly. The TV/entertainment system was very complicated, so even though we are very technology savvy family, we had to call someone to help us figure it out. We felt that the room was very clean, and I enjoyed the gym facilities too. The Lanson staff were all very polite and friendly. The only complaint I had about the apartment was that you have to have the hot water switch on to get hot water, and the hot water supply runs out pretty quick, so we had to endure some lukewarm showers occasionally. Other than that, we felt that Lanson Place Winsland was a good value for what you get, and the location was ideal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank blhoang
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Everything is very good about this place, and service is excellent!

I see that almost everyone give a overall rating of 5, which means excellent. Very good is also good, it is actually very good. For me to give that high rating, I must be able to put 5 out of 5 on almost every detail. My believe is that people tend to either give 5 when they are pleased, and 1 or 2 when something went worng (like a bad check-in after a 24 hours journey and hit by jet-lag). So I will try to use the rating scale on Tripadvisor as I believe it is meant to. And everything above average is better than most other places (that is how statistics shall be used).

What the others write in their reviews are correct. The room was on arrival average cleaned. Which is not bad, neither good. That one should be better to receive a 5 star rating from me. And I think the matresses are to hard to receive 5 stars from me personally (but for others this could actually be perfect). It is hard to get excellent value for money in Singapore - but this place offers very good value for money compared to others in the town.

Service level is excellent. There is no way to say anything negative about that. And I am pretty sure that if I had mentioned anything about cleanliness, that would have been sorted out immediately. But why should I mention it - it was average and therefore good enough for me.

Location is very good, with good restaurants nearby - and shopping. Value for money is very good, but still expensive as Singapore is.

I will come back, no doubt about that.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ovelaur
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Stayed in a two-bedroom apartment with my family last July and it was outstanding. We have been visiting Singapore every year for more than a decade and how I wish I had discovered Lanson Place much earlier.

Tucked away behind an office building, its location is excellent -- diagonally across the Orchard Central Shopping Mall and a couple of streets away from the heart of the Orchard Road shopping area. Although there's a busy street and a pub outside, we couldn't hear any noise from within the apartment.

The apartment itself was very well furnished and had all the amenities that we needed and more. It was spotless, everything worked, and the equipment and utensils appeared to be new. The JURA coffee machine in the fully-equipped kitchen made a really good brew but it didn't come with a manual. No problem, I quickly found the manual on the Internet and Wi-Fi was free. There were three TVs in the apartment (in the living room and the two bedrooms) so I, my wife and my kids were able to watch whatever we wanted to all at the same time -- truly a blessing when a "live" football game was on one night. Both bathrooms were very spacious and had everything we needed.

Service was excellent; our enquiries and requests were attended to quickly and always with a smile.

What else can I say? Our stay at Lanson Place has been a delight and it has become our No. 1 choice in Singapore whenever we are there for a week or more.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family