I recently stayed here for a month as part of our relocation to Singapore and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others for both short and long term stays. There are a few cons, but they are certainly outweighed by al the pros.
My husband relocated in September last year, and one weekend I sent him to look at a few options for our month-long January stay (for him, myself and 15-year old). After seeing about 6 services apartments, he confirmed that Lanson Place Winsland was the best of all the options in our price range.
Booked over the internet with Terecia in Reservations, who was at all times efficient and friendly; her follow up was excellent and professional.
Arrived late one night in early January and took advantage of the free airport pickup service offered for stays of one month and over. Driver was late in meeting our flight and I was concerned this was not a good omen. However, once we arrived at the apartments everything went smoothly. We were shown to our 2 bedroom executive apartment and given a quick tour of the apartment and its amenities (i.e. how to use the Jura coffee machine, washer/dryer instructions if required etc).
By Singapore standards the apartment was spacious and well equipped; my only gripe would be that it was very dark and is a little dated in parts. However, it had absolutely everything we needed - master bedroom with full ensuite (bath with overhead shower), dressing table, safe, cable tv; second bedroom (2 singles); small second bathroom (shower and toilet); living/dining area - desk, couch, armchair, lamps, 2 types of cable tv (Starhub & Mio), dining table + 4 chairs; bar stools at kitchen servery; kitchen was well equipped if a little dated - oven, microwave, large fridge/freezer, combined washer/dryer, dishwasher, full complement of crockery, cutlery, kitchen accessories, microwave, toaster, Jura coffee machine. We were also provided with a starter pack for the kitchen (cereal, juice, drinks, jam, butter, milk, coffee beans, tea etc), which was a nice touch. Each apartment has full wifi and it always worked really well.
You can order food from several nearby restaurants (even McDonalds delivers 24/7), although there are restaurants, supermarkets all within walking distance (under 5 minutes).
Used the gym every day - staff were very helpful when I needed assistance with tuning the DVD player; small towels provided in gym; cold water.
Pool is on the top floor and is functional and modern; plenty of pool towels available; ice, bbq facilities.
Business centre has pcs and a Mac, scanner, printers, small conference room, lounge area with tv, books, DVDs, magazines and newspapers, coffee machine, fridge with bottled water.
Location is fantastic - right near Orchard Road, Somerset MRT, several huge shopping malls (313 @ Somerset; Orchard Central, Centrepoint etc); near a taxi rank, bus stops to everywhere, easy to get to Istana and Plaza Singapura, Singapore River, Fort Canning etc. The no. 36 bus from the airport even stops right outside.
The absolute best thing about this apartment is the staff. Everyone we encountered all month long was friendly, helpful and professional - they just could not do enough for us, bent over backwards to help us and make our stay as pleasant as possible, even going above and beyond the call of duty. All the men at reception, head of housekeeping, maintenance men - all of them were fantastic.
On Chinese New Year we were invited to a Lion Dance and a buffet lunch, which was a lovely touch.
I can highly recommend Lanson Place for both short and long term accommodation in central Singapore. (Speaking of long term - I met one couple who have been living there with their dog for more than 2 years and have no complaints!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lanson Place Winsland Residences are conveniently located near to Singapore's famous Orchard Road. Close to commercial district & shopping precinct, yet in the midst of lush greenlands and garden. There is a choice of 67 spacious and fully Serviced Residences. Each created with a homely atmosphere with excellent facilities such as Broadband Internet and Cable TV. For those who appreciate the easier lifestyle not found in five-star hotels but want quality and service, Lanson Place Residences are ideal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lanson Place Winsland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanson Place Winsland Hotel Singapore
- Lanson Place Winsland Singapore