Lowest prices for your stay
$253
$300
Vio.com
$163
Hotels.com$300
Travelocity$300
Orbitz.com$300
5,052 results
All reviews sky lounge city hall mrt clarke quay marina bay excellent location orchard road shopping raffles mall australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2022

Good location, breakfast is not bad, buffet style with reasonable selection. Hotel pool and gym. Lifts get a bit confusing and it has several entrances so tricky at times. I wouldn't eat nearby but get a bus or taxi to little India or Chinatown

Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2022

If you enjoy hotels built in the 70s to 80s, you will enjoy the somewhat vintage charm of this hotel, convenienetly situated in the bustling City Hall district. We spent a night there as we were going to catch a musical at the Marina Bay Sands Theatre. We were pleasantly delighted to have been upgraded to a next tier where we were able to get a room facing St Andrews Cathedral as well as the bay. The convenience of the mall is a very big pro, especially when its walking distance from the train station and right next door to Funan Mall.

The room was clean and surprisingly spacious. The king sized bed was comfortable and felt plush. We had a slight issue with the room being a smoking room but the view made it all worth it.

Sadly, it was only after the stay that I learnt that the hotel actually has 2 wings with 2 separate pools. The pool in the wing (right next to the main reception counter) looks a bit run down. The hotel shares the carpark with the mall next door which takes a bit of navigating to get to/from if you park after the mall closes. As for the hotel, we definitely enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning.

Reviewed 19 November 2022

It was really nice to stay here and awesome few of marina bay from my room . It’s makes alive n super excited . Terrace view is so so amazing and Anne is there on terrace lounge to make your evening so memorable.
I would like to come again with same room when I get the chance.
Great keep it Anne n all hotel staff.
Cheers
Regards
Jaspal

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2022

Me and my partner arrived late in the evening (we gave the hotel warning via email and that was received). However, upon arrival the porter seemed reluctant to do anything with our luggage and made us drag it all the way to the 6th floor reception. Which brings me nicely to my next point... the reception is nowhere to be seen on the ground floor. You'd be forgiven for thinking you'd stepped into the lobby of some private apartments. It's not welcoming either. They decided to build the hotel and then put a load of tacky shops selling watches and food right next to it. It's a poor look by anyone's standard and it gives you the impression that they just don't care. Well, they don't care, but that's besides the point by now.

Anyway, we're on the 8th floor, so that was another small journey to lug our heavy suitcases in our tiresome state at 12.20am.

We paid approximately £100 per night and didn't even get breakfast included. Now I know we agreed and booked the hotel but even in the UK breakfast is included (as standard) for most hotels from +£75-80 p/n? Disappointing to say the least. We did ask about breakfast for one morning and when we heard the cost we immediately decided the price lacked value.

I'd like to say the rest of our trip was a delight, sadly it wasn't. Most things are overpriced, especially the food, and if there's one thing Singapore doesn't do it's customer service.

I've paid the full price of staying here. Money isn't the issue to me, what I'm bothered about is when you pay a premium you expect some kind of value in return. Sadly, apart from the views, Singapore doesn't really have much to offer. The people are rather prickly too.

There's better cities, for less money and with nicer things to do.

Oh and btw... I'd you want to go to Gardens by the Bay you need bus 400. It comes every half an hour and doesn't even take you to the actual entrance of the attraction.

What a waste of time and money.

Room tip: Don't stay here. Save your money and stay at the Marina Bay Sands Resort.
Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2022

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights last month. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are very good. My room was on the 9th floor of the Excelsior Tower and each night from approximately 11.00pm until exactly 3.00am the next morning I had the continual sound (bass only) of music. On investigation I found that it was coming from a disco on the 2nd floor, 7 floors below me. I would hate to think what the noise was like in the rooms on the floors, or for that fact, above me.
I suggest if you stay at this hotel you ask for a room in the Peninsula Tower as it may not have the same problem.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the peninsula Tower not the Excelsior Tower