Receptionists pleasant. Checking in was a breeze. Checking out, too.
Concierge was very helpful.
Singapore was warm and humid so we looked forward to cooling down in our room after a whole day of traveling and shopping. But the air conditioning couldn't get the room cold enough to our liking even after leaving the A/C on the whole day by leaving our spare card key in the wall switch. We reported it but the hotel explained that this is because they were using a chilled water system. Another reason is that our corner room had too many large windows. Hmmm, reasons left and right. Well, let's look at the bright side now. We got outstanding views from our room. We can see the Esplanade, the Marina Bay Sands, the Swissotel Stamford, the morning sun too! I guess that was the culprit. Street noise was minimal. The beds were comfy, pillows low (2pillows/single bed). Linens clean smelling, towels not worn out, got bathrobes and slippers, too. Carpets don't stink. The bathtub was a bit small for me but good enough to soak my feet into after half filling it with warm water. Good thing the shower head was movable and I could wash my hair standing up . Water was hot just the way I like it and the sink was the right height for me. The lavatory is a new model and flushed quietly. One peculiar thing about the bathroom was that it has a very loud and noisy drain. Now onto the morning breakfast. The elevators were fast.
Breakfast buffet was simple but satisfying. Got monotonous on the 3rd day though so I just had fruits. The hotel is walking distance to almost everything. It had its own mall downstairs. You can walk to the Esplanade, the Raffles Mall, the MRT. If you don't like to walk, it's easy to get a cab from the lobby, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the heart of the city within easy reach to exciting landmarks in Singapore including the Singapore Night Race circuit which is just 2 minutes walk away as it is one of the trackside hotels.Just 5 minutes walk to City Hall MRT Interchange where the North-South, East-West MRT lines meet and also to the popular night spot at Clarke Quay. Only 5 minutes drive to the Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands Casino and Convention Centre, Chinatown and Orchard Road tourist shopping belt. 10 minutes drive to Resorts World Sentosa Casino and Universal Studios theme park. 20 minutes drive to Changi International Airport.The two towers of Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel offer 600 guests rooms and suites with simple luxury as well as function rooms for seminars and wedding banquets. The hotel also offers a business center and a tour desk to assist with travel arrangements.Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel Singapore is an excellent choice for business and holiday travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Peninsula Excelsior Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Singapore
- Peninsula Excelsior Singapore
- Peninsula Singapore
- Peninsula Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Peninsula