We have been to Singapore 3 or times in the past two years. On this occasion we stayed with another couple for a quick getaway and shopping trip for 3 nights in two rooms (our first stay at the Grand Park Orchard). We booked a special on their website which included being upgraded to a Premier Room. We booked the hotel primarily for its location in the shopping precinct of Orchard Road and it held its own in this regard.
Unfortunately when checking in at 3pm we were told one of our rooms wasn’t available despite the check-in time being made clear in our booking. The room was ready by 5pm, and despite requesting for a phone call when the room was ready it was never made. In all fairness during our stay we requested a late checkout of 1pm which was initially rejected and then granted after a little negotiation and highlighting the fact of our initial check-in delays.
The room was clean and comfortable and relatively modern in appearance, however it was small, very dark, the shower head and hand held shower switching mechanism was faulty, and upon arrival the wireless router in our room wasn’t functioning (this was resolved relatively quickly). The air-conditioning was fine, power stayed on in the room the entire time (no need for card in slot), however the light switches seemed to be located only near the entry door. Breakfast was average.
There is no view from the hotel as the part we were in (10th Floor near the lifts) was covered in framework, however despite the closeness to the elevator we found the room quiet and the short distance proved convenient.
The strongest selling point of this hotel is the location, and it certainly lives up to this, other than that, there is not anything substantially negative, nor anything substantially excellent about this hotel. In my opinion an average hotel in a great location. I could stay here again depending on the price, but would more than likely be tempted to try other hotels in the same area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded as Asia's Leading Design Hotel and one of Singapore's trendiest hotels, Grand Park Orchard is a lifestyle destination on Orchard Road. With its breathtaking herringbone design exterior glass façade and show-stopping media wall, our flagship property is a masterpiece in contemporary chic. Boasting a prime location in the heart of Singapore's premier shopping and entertainment district, Grand Park Orchard lives up to its name as Singapore's most fashionable hotel. From the designer interiors in the lobby, to 308 rooms and suites equipped with complimentary smartphone service offering free unlimited 3G internet connectivity, local and international calls to selected countries, and a metropolitan sky bar with its stunning pool, you will be greeted by cutting-edge works of style meisters at every turn. The exclusive Crystal Club and personal butlers are also available to take your experience to the next level at one of the best city hotels in Singapore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Park Orchard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Orchard Hotel Singapore
- Park Hotel Singapore
- Grand Park Orchard Singapore