My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel with our two teenaged sons. Right from our arrival, things were not pleasant. The bell hop/ concierge was very lethargic in taking our suitcases to the rooms so much so my husband and children took care of most of the luggage.The person behind the check in desk was cold and unfriendly. We checked in at 1 pm and were given one of the two rooms booked, because according to him the other room which was a connecting room was not ready. However when we went up to our room we found that the connecting door to this room was open and the room was already made up. Why couldn't they have released it in the first instance, the official check in time was just 1 hour away. The rooms were very musty and smelt of smoke. The bathrooms on all three days that we stayed had an unpleasant smell which I suspect was because the mops they used were unclean. The house keeping was really bad. Each day when we left instructions for cleaning the room, only the beds were made up, the carpets were left untouched, coffee cups were not cleaned and complimentary sachets of coffee and creamers were not topped up. There was no complimentary water available and there was a steep charge for small water bottles in the mini fridge. The restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. However the buffet provided was uninspiring. The breads , cereal selection and cold cuts were not appetizing. There were ugly blue plastic juice glasses and plastic cups & saucers for coffee/tea during breakfast! The staff at the business center where we went to access the internet and printer were friendly and efficient. The only positive aspect of staying here is its excellent locality, within easy reach of the MRT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 4-Star smoke free hotel with 231 well-appointed guest rooms, including Executive Rooms, Junior Suite & Service Apartments that are incorporated with contemporary decor that caters to both business and leisure travellers. Strategically located in the City's dynamic business, financial, convention, cultural, entertainment, and educational hubs, our hotel is located close to places such as Suntec City, Raffles City, Chijmes, Singapore Art Museum, Bugis Junction, Bugis Village, Esplanade Theatres On The Bay, Marina Square, Singapore Flyer, Little India, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay. We are also conveniently located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations - Bras Basah, City Hall, and Bugis - with Bras Basah MRT Station being only 100 meters from our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Royal at Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal At Queens Singapore
- Royal At Queens Hotel
- Hotel Royal At Queens Singapore