Hotel 81 Dickson
Amara Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 175
US$ 163
Orchard Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 166
US$ 152
  • Pool
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 242
US$ 194
  • Pool
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 172
US$ 140
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$ 325
US$ 187
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 210/night.

Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
US$ 158
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 182/night.

Mandarin Orchard Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 249
US$ 224
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 242
US$ 219
Ramada Singapore At Zhongshan Park(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
Priceline
US$ 606
US$ 391
MarinaBaySands
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 473/night.

1,268 results
All reviewslittle indiasim lim towerbugis mrtrooms are smallindian foodhotel is locatedfree wifibus stationearly checkpleasant stayrochormustafajalanluggagetoothbrushdryerwalkable
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I checked in to this hotel for a one night stay. First room I was given had water leaking from airconditioning unit on to the bed, and bathroom dirty. Second room I was moved to also dirty. Was given free upgrade to superior room, and guess what - it was dirty. Reception and corridors look good but the rooms have dusty floors with clumps of hair blowing around. Shower screen and mirror in bathrooms covered in old soap and toothpaste splashes. Toilets not good either. Towel in one room had something stuck on it. Some holes in duvet covers and first room I was given had tiny little ants on dressing table. I checked out and went to a lovely hostel across the street which was half the price and super clean. I would not recommend for anyone to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Anusha : I stayed here for the first time after looking it up online.it is relatively new and very well furnished. It is well maintained as well. Rooms a bit small but ok.Much better than I expected for a budget place.Front desk staff very friendly, efficient and helpful.
Very convenient for shopping as well.
All in all great experience to stay here. I hope they maintain it at the same standards. Looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Anusha80
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed 3 nights during a business trip. Check in was easy and staff were helpful. Room was clean but small so was the bathroom. Bed was comfortable to sleep after hard working days. There are plenty of eating places around mainly Indian and Chinese and there are shopping malls around which can be accessed by short walks.
Overall this place is good for short stays on a budget.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sanb2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Hotel 81 provides a budget option for Singapore. Don't expect luxury or a big room.

Pros: Relative value for money, location, upgrade to complementary wifi.

Cons: Noisy corridors (marble-like tiles), poor drainage in bathroom (integrated shower drains across the floor past the toilet and basin) and a noisy cold AC that I couldn't turn wamer, reduce the fan speed or even turn off. As I was only there one night, I didn't pursue this issue. There were also hairs on the bathroom floor showing a poor quality of cleaning.

Room Tip: The end of a corridor would help. I don't know whether my AC was because I was on the top (5th) floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Initially we thought that we will come back to Singapore from Batam on the day we depart as we had a late night flight. We were also planned that we will shop at Mustafa and utilize the time. However we are bored at Batam so we are compelled to book a hotel at Singapore for 2 days at last minute. Since our previous years stays are in Orchard Road and Marina Bay area, we tried booking some good hotel through Agoda in Orchard Road/Marina Bay. To our utter surprise standard room rate per day has been sky rocketed to SGD 500 for hotel like Peninsila Excellsior / Yoko Hotel / Elizabeth Hotel for the next days . So we are decided to book a budget hotel near Little India. We find Hotel 81 Dickson, Madras Café Tekka are good budget hotels in Little India.

The reviews from Tripadvisor and Agoda finally booked two twin roomsin Hotel 81 Dickson @ SGD110 through Agoda. Hotel location is good. There are so may restaurant near to this hotel so you do not worry about your food. The room size is small but compared to Singapore standard it is okay. They will provide free wifi, 2 bottles water, towels , hair dryer, coffee maker, air condition, a small table , TV , wardrobe etc. It is true that you have to carry your luggage to your room, no window for room, no laundry, you can hear the sound of “applying flesh” of other rooms and off course loud discussions if any from the adjacent room. Though having these I got a good sleep. Mustafa Centre is 10 minute walk away and nearest MRT is around 20 minutes. Changi Airport is around 20 minutes drive from this hotel. If you sit in the lobby for some time you can see so many couples come and go both in day and night time. While asking about this to a friend in Singapore told me that Hotel 81 popularly known as the Best Hotel for “Love Making” in Singapore.

I will recommend this hotel to any one who wish stay for short time, less expensive, Food/shop at LI/Mustafa etc. However not recommended if you are with your family and small kids.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends