Looking for hotels in Singapore at this time of the year was a task and I spent a lot of time on tripadvisor searching for a decent place to stay until I found Hangout at Mt Emily Street - we stayed 3 nights here
The place is amazing, its in a nice quiet area with Little India MRT station 10 mins walk through a park (uphill) & Dhoubi ghat MRT 15 - 20mins away, you can either walk or take a taxi ($10 from Dhoubi ghat MRT)
We were give a warm welcome by the staff and the checkin was just 5 mins. Some people might find the room small but for us the room was perfect, two big windows with a nice view, the room and the shower were very clean & the bed was very comfortable. No TV in the room but we didn't go to Singapore to watch TV and sleep so it didn't matter. They have free wifi all through out the hotel and in the room also.
They have a hangout zone on the 2nd floor with a TV, books, vending machines and free coffee / tea maker (coffee is must a must have) there is a pool table also but we didn't play
If you are looking for a nice, clean budget property not to far from MRT and located in the central part of Singapore then this is the place for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created especially for the savvy budget traveller, hangout at mt.emily promises a fun and affordable stay. Nestled in a tranquil respite away from the hustle and bustle of the city, hangout at mt.emily is located just a stone’s throw away from Orchard Road, Bugis and Little India. Designed with our signature "no frills, just fun" concept, we give travellers just the right amount of attention needed - no unnecessary amenities except for cushy beds and squeaky clean bathroom at rates that won't blow a hole in your pocket. And if you love making new friends, hangout at mt.emily offers the perfect place to meet hangout and meet fellow travellers.A firm believer of corporate social responsibility, hangout at mt.emily (part of the Cathay Organisation group) has been donating SGD$1 from each room night stay to the Organisation’s adopted charities since it open in 2004. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your firstname.lastname@example.org reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hangout At Mt. Emily Hotel Singapore
- Hangout Hotel Singapore
- Hangout@Mt.Emily Singapore