“Great Service and Attention”
Review of Guo Fu Steamboat

Guo Fu Steamboat
Ranked #1,433 of 14,305 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: Guo Fu Steamboat, the most delicious fat cow hotpot with free flow Xiao Long Bao in town! Guo Fu Steamboat let you enjoy the most personal and authentic premium beef hotpot with Free Flow Xiao Long Bao made by hand. Unlike a group of people sharing one giant hotpot, Guo Fu Steamboat offers diners to have their little hotpot. Personal, clean and hygienic. Being the first to introduce the small and individual hotpot concept in Singapore since 2005, it has become a popular choice. Get a taste of the East, come to Guo Fu Steamboat!
Reviewed 20 November 2021 via mobile

In recent on Nov 7, I finally found a an opportunity to dine out with my friend and we choose this place, entirely by luck. It was the choice of meat, lamb slices that brought me there.

The first thing you'll smell upon entering this establishment, is the sweet smell of millet soup that is their hottest favorite this period of time. Least to say, we went for something lighter, the herbal soup and light spicy soup for the yin-yang pot.

Their special beef slice, OMG it's so good! Right amount of fats and meat, though more fatty than meat portion in taste somewhat, but it melts so good when you eat it.

The lamb slices is more towards the lean side and does have some lamb-y smell and taste. The rest of the meats, they're, okay.

On their menu, they've really fresh liver slices I have to say, which is really hard to come by as well. The offals, well they're still a little pungent, but if you mix it with some vinegar and spice, it taste good.

With every buffet steamboat here they also come with free-flow xiao long bao and side.

The xiao long bao honestly taste better when it's cooled, the flavor comes together much better vs to when it's hot and you will feel the taste 'separation' of the meat and the soup in the bao. The skin is on the thicker side, but still okay.

I like the crispy scallion pancake that they have, it's really not bad. Fried banana fritters that you'll get only for the dinner buffet, and their pumpkin puree.

Only down side to me was that, I did hope that when ordering beverages there, that it's not the case. Only drink refillable on the menu is water and tea.

Overall, I'm still very impress with the service, all the staff are really friendly, and a lady who was there working, I did not get her name, is so hospitable and kept offering us desserts and side if we wanted them even if the rest did mention that they're no longer taking orders etc.

We will definitely be back for another round! That special beef slices especially!

Date of visit: November 2021
1  Thank Nymphsis

Reviewed 13 September 2020

First visit here, came with a friend. Due to covid, it has become an ala carte buffet which I very much prefer. Food was fresh! a Lot of variety. The Xiao Long Bao is as a good as Ding Tai Fung. A pity I couldn't eat as much. Service was good too. They told us that the portion for xiao long bao when you order is by a piece instead of half a dozen. So we have to be really specific when we order.
Price i find it a little steep but it's still reasonable.

2 pax damage was $90 inclusive of buffet price and 2 soup bases which was on top of the buffet. Pretty reasonable.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank Hannah K
Reviewed 12 December 2019 via mobile

Wide variety of soup and food items for steamboat. The steamboat buffet is worth the money. Just have to top up for soup and drinks. There’s individual and shared pot options. Staff were excellent.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 12 December 2019

I was introduced to this place by my friend. Always a pleasure to dine. Staff always very prompt in their service. Food fresh and most important is the ambience. You can select from the buffet menu a wide range of fresh seafood & meat. There is also a free flow of ice cream corner. Drinks not included in the buffet.

My friend who's very picky about food gave his thumbs up for this place. He raved about it the first time we dined especially on the individual pot.

Good place with excellent service. Thank you!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 3 December 2019

Always come here for steamboat with friends. I really like their service and food! Service is amazing as well as the freshness of the food! They are very generous with their customers. Which I think it is very important!

Date of visit: August 2019