All reviews aljunied mrt station recommend hotel ten minute walk air con hotel room is bottled water booked this hotel internet connection public transport prostitution kettle dryer toothpaste comfort convenience
Reviewed 10 May 2016

One thing you would like to save when travelling to Singapore is the accommodation. Without a doubt, it is an expensive country to live in. For this budget hotel near a red light district, you should not set high expectation to it. You simply get what you've paid for. I am not disappointed at all, but I'll still share my experience here to let you guys know what to expect.

Room (Average)
1. Our room had small flying insects. I'm not sure what kind of insects they were, but I'm pretty sure they are not mosquitoes. Nevertheless, we brought with us an electric mosquito killer, I could say it was effective.
2. Toiletries were provided, but we didn't use any of it since we brought our own. Among which were towels, hair and body wash (in one container, no kidding =|), toothbrushes, shower caps and sanitary bags. Towels were clean, but they look dirty because of some stains that won't wash off.
3. Bathroom is okay. Not squeaky clean, but good enough.

Service (Excellent)
1. I was impressed with their service. We stayed for 4 nights and always requested to have our room cleaned every day. And they did not disappoint.
2. On our check-out day, we asked to extend our check-out time one hour late, since we were waiting for our friends to arrive. And they happily agreed.

Location (Convenient)
1. Although it is located in a red light district, I find it surprisingly peaceful at night.
2. Short walk to MRT
3. Short walk to Sheng Song Supermarket, cheapest supermarket in town.

To wrap things up, it offers good value for your money. =D

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank yukai18
KennethMGR9, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Geylang, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

We are sorry for your inconvenience experienced during your stay, and will do what we can to fix the issues mentioned. We also note your kind comments and we hope to be given an opportunity to host you again soon!
Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 30 April 2016

I randomly booked this hotel because of rush, eventually I do not find very special about this hotel facilities, but the service is the best I met so far, especially person in charge Keith Chen gave very good service including guideline on Singapore tourism spots and travelling facilities.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank alsonlaw

Thank your for your encouraging feedback, will certainly convey our thanks to the Hotel Manager Keith!
Please come back soon, it was a pleasure serving you!

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We've spent one night at this hotel as we didn't reach the flight which was late at night. I took this one as the price was around 90$ and I didn't want to spent a fortune on a hotel for half of a night only. The towel in the bathroom had holes. I'm not sure if they clean the bathroom. The room is small, but it's ok for one night. But.. there must have been some insects as we were bitten quite badly!!!!! I think it some kind of bed bugs.
The MRT is around 10min of walk, what is a plus. But I won't return there for sure.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank MartyyLk
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

stay of 4 days and 3 nights, his hotel is clean comfortable, good service, check-in process faster, the interior rooms are not too good and not bad, in the room even allowed and able to smoke because my room fronting on the floor that allowed smoking, Security settings hotel is also good, the goods I was in the room when cleaned also not missing, the location of the hotel is a bit far if walking from the nearest MRT station, around the hotel food vendors and fruit, not as imagined many prostitutes but secure fit for the holiday with cheap budget, with family or alone

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank arsendha s
Reviewed 14 March 2016

You get to the hotel by metro from Changi Airport for $2.30 to Aljunied station and 10 min walk via a trad Chinese quarter. Quiet hotel, comfortable bed, adjustable air con, everything works, friendly staff.

Room Tip: I asked for a room facing the back courtyard, and it was totally quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank raymondj353