1,719 results
All reviews tanjong pagar mrt station maxwell food centre rooftop bar club room walking distance to chinatown business district free wifi modern hotel minute walk water pressure hawker centre business trip convenient location rain shower mobile phone excellent hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My 2 day 1 night stay in Carlton City hotel has been wonderful, not only because it was because it was the anniversary of my boyfriend and I but because the concierge staff did not fall short from making it an even more romantic experience. The hotel’s location was also really great as there were many restaurants and bars within 1 minute walk from the hotel.
When we checked into the hotel, I was very warmly greeted by the concierge staffs, Mr Xavier and Mr Raj, which I really appreciated. It really made me feel very welcomed. Next, I had actually made a mistake in my booking by choosing two separate beds instead of one queen sized bed for my stay. Knowing that I booked the room for my anniversary with my boyfriend, Mr Xavier very kindly changed (or upgraded) my room for me after asking me via a phone call and I personally really appreciated such a considerate gesture. Checking into a room with rose petals and towel swans, it was really beautiful and my boyfriend and I really loved it. After coming back to our hotel from our evening activities, we were surprised to come back to a bottle of red wine from Mr Jackie. We really felt like we were in great hands and felt that we were treated like special guests even when we were just ordinary customers. Mr Xavier even wanted to gift us flowers when we were checking out but we already because we were rushing. The facilities in Carlton City looked great and the service is impeccable. I wished i could stay more nights to enjoy it. The staffs’ efforts to make it such a wonderful night is definitely commendable. Whether you are a tourist or looking for a staycay, i highly recommend Carlton City to be on the list, and I personally would not hesistate to book another night if there were any special occasion, at Carlton city.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
CarltonCityHotelSG, Guest Relations Manager at Carlton City Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear viviananght,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic 5-star review! We are delighted that you have chosen to celebrate such a special occasion with us at Carlton City and that our team members have made it extra memorable for you and your partner. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to Xavier, Raj and Jackie, and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next celebration!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Carlton for 3 nights at the start of our holiday. It is a beautiful hotel in a great location with amazing staff. The wifi is great and the rooms are spacious. The showers in the bathroom are wonderful with a rain shower and bathtub!

There is an MRT station less than a kilometre away, and the markets are not much further either. If you’re up for a walk, it’s about 2.5 kilometres to the Marina Bay Sans shopping district and sky garden.

The mini bar isn’t well stocked, but you have the offer of bother Graffiti and the downstairs bar if you’re a tad thirsty!

The hotel has a lap pool, 1.4m deep, located next to the gym, it is a great place to unwind. We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel, but the restaurant looked lovely, and if the service downstairs at reception and up at Graffiti is anything to go off, I’d say it would be great there too.

Graffiti is the rooftop bar, now, if you’re from Australia, be warned, wine costs more than spirits in Singapore, you’re likely to pay around $16-$20 Singapore dollars per glass of wine. Having said that, for Singapore prices, the drinks prices are pretty standard. The view is beautiful and the service is fantastic.

On our last day we had an 11:45pm flight, after walking around all day we were tired and sweaty, the staff offered us a room to freshen up with free of charge. You should ask for this when you check out if you’re in a similar situation.

I would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Fipe E,

thank you so much for your stellar 5-star review! We are delighted to know that you found your stay at Carlton City Hotel wonderful, and enjoyed the amenities both the hotel and our location had to offer. When you next return to Singapore, we look forward to welcoming you back here!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Got a reasonable deal online. Asked for a quite room and got one of the quietest hotel rooms ever. Very grateful for that.
Offered an upgrade which I took up and was not disappointed as we got a view and it probably contributed to the quietness
Decided to include breakfast against my better judgement as hotel breakfasts, especially the large hotels, are Always Bad Value. So was this. Noting wrong with the food or service but I eat a light breakfast and SG$20 is very expensive for what I eat.
Negatives were ...really confusing light switch system. ... cold air con with little control of the room temperature ... deposit (for incidentals ) required you to make a credit card payment at check in and make a 2nd payment at check out with a promise that your 1st payment won't be processed or will be refunded a few days later. Very off-putting.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
CarltonCityHotelSG, Guest Relations Manager at Carlton City Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Yani51,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. While we are happy to know that you had an overall positive experience, we are sorry to learn about some of the inconveniences that you have faced. The comfort of our guests is our top priority and your feedback has been shared with our team for review. We hope to welcome you back for a better experience in the near future!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Location's smack in the middle of CBD with plenty of amenities surrounding the hotel. There's a mall next to it, hypermarkets, cafes and restaurants within walking distances.

Hotel's clean with great staffs. Special thanks to Ravean and Harun from concierge for their excellent services and assistance throughout our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Escape414190,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! It is our pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable time at Carlton City and that you were pleased with the convenience of our locale and our service standards. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to Ravean and Harun. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

For a hotel in the heart of the business district, the room was surprisingly big and very comfortable. What stands out most was the service staff from the front desk and concierge. specifically concierge Xavier, and Duty Manager KimSang. they assisted me in all ways they could due to some error in my reservation made thru a third party app. On top of that, concierge Xavier knows the country inside out. overall I'm very impressed with Carlton City Hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank charlesyeo123
CarltonCityHotelSG, Guest Relations Manager at Carlton City Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear charlesyeo123,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a 5-star review on TripAdvisor! We are glad that you found the room to be spacious and comfortable, and that our service stood out for you. Your kind compliments will be passed on to Xavier and Kim Sang. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.