“Very innovative menu and evrything cooked to perfection”

Nicolas le Restaurant
Ranked #143 of 12,641 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I was lucky to get a table for lunch on New Year's Day – thanks, chef Nicolas! There was a set menu with 4 or 5 courses, which meant that I took all of the starters, a main course (from three alternatives if I remember correctly) and a dessert. There was also an amuse-bouche with foie gras! I took one glass of house white and one glass of red; I think they were the only wines by the glass but I could not justify a whole bottle for myself. The combination of flavour and texture was innovative and everything was cooked to the point of perfection. I enjoyed all courses and would definitely return when I am back in Singapore.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank strakur74

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We’ve recently discovered this restaurant. The chef is creating a new tasting menu every two weeks and it’s reeeally good) the personal favorite is Hokkaido scallops plate with and a prawn with the best leek and potato soup I’ve ever eaten. The wine by the glass list is short but the wines are excellent and very well priced! The only complaint is a little bit long waiting time but chef does most (or everything?) himself and it shows in the quality of the food he brings out. The service is excellent too, the administrator/hostess is very attentive and friendly. Really recommended and worth the $! Thanks, chef, for the delicious experience!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank 52krystynag
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Invited for a champagne paired dinner in August. Last time we were at Nicolas was when they were in the adjoining Keong Saik Street. Excellent food that evening. Every dish had just the correct combination of flavours and taste. The ambience was also welcoming and warm. Service was efficient.

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank SunMoonShine
Reviewed 22 August 2017

we had a few hours before a meeting, and decided to grab a bottle of bubbly and some small bites - we weren't disappointed here. must come back for the full experience on our next trip!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank foodpure
Reviewed 5 August 2017

The most discreet restaurant among the French fine dining community in Singapore,and yet one of the best. We truly enjoyed every time we dined there.
The restaurant has been open for nearly 11 years and it is easy to understand why it is hard to get a reservation. There is only 5/6 tables, top ingredients, top wine list and top service, top value for money..what else?

Date of visit: May 2017