“Good Korean Beef”

Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 9 June 2015

My wife and I had the beef ribs and baby squid. The beef was quite good. Very well marinated. The squid was also quite good. Just that some of the squid was quite rubbery. Otherwise, it is a little Korean restaurant near Chinatown. Best to call first to check if they are open for lunch.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

In Tanjong Pagar, you get Korean food made by a Korean chef and be served by Korean waitresses; rare air in Singapore.

The BBQ meats you can get are all great, although it's hard to go wrong with meat. My favourite is the Sseng Galbisal (Beef short ribs) which is just un-marinated tender pieces of cow. Other dishes that I would recommend are Padak (fried chicken with spring onion) or Dak-galbi. If you get the Dak-galbi, eat 80% of it after which you should ask the staff to mix in some rice. This is a standard thing only Koreans know about and it'll leave you with some wicked fried rice to finish off your meal with.

A bottle of soju will cost around $18 to wash down the protein and private rooms are available if you need some privacy.

The ambience is more of a "let's go have a good meal with friends" type of environment more than the "i want to impress this girl".

Reviewed 23 November 2014

I'm thankful that we have some locals who could speak English at the restaurant.
We were cordially led to our seat.
Reservation was easy and quick. I arrived at 540pm and the restaurant was quickly filling up by 6pm.

Service was above average as the staff will replace the oily aluminum foil promptly.

The variety of dish was not wide, but I thought they were well marinated, cut, distributed. There are steps on how to do up certain korean dish pasted but the fonts are small and you wouldn't stand there blocking other pp.

Side dish was not many.
I didn't try any alcohol but went for lime juice which was the one they put up for free flow.

It was an interesting experience for my wife and I, listening to korean mv and bbq-ing korean style at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

It was incredible! Good food, good service and such a cozy place. It's not expensive and you'll eat a lot...the crew always bring more side dishes when yours it's over and it's totally free! staff really take good care of you!!! The best ???

Reviewed 6 January 2014

At $26/adult, I personally feel that the price is a little steep for me. Nevertheless, 2D1N korean bbq buffet provides different cuts and marinated beef and pork. Plus one dish for chicken.

I love the beef ribeye steak and pork belly. Came slightly after opening hours and glad that my friends and I managed to get seats.

Found a worm in their veggies though :( But thankful for the staff who took the initiative to tell the manager/owner about it... who apologised profusely and even gave us drinks on the house. I doubt I'll have their veggies again...