“Terrible cheating practices”

Ranked #101 of 299 Dessert in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

I used to visit the outlets at Takashimaya and Shaw Centre. I totally agreed with some reviewers that the staff purposely try to cover the top of the cup and left a big hole inside. There was a scale there at the counter but they either don't use it or just pretend to put the cup on the scale without really measuring it. This is really cheating. You charge $5.90 for a small cup and that's already quite pricey so don't try to cheat on ice-cream again. I stopped buying from Gelatissimo for a Long time but sometimes I can't stop my kids from wating to buy although they themselves noticed this poor practices. They always call the shop cheaters.

2  Thank Pui P

Reviewed 14 October 2016

nice spot right on Orchard road with a few tables. Kids serving were pushing upsell on sizes to all the customers - just let us order what we want! Not at all friendly.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

May not be authentic but doesn't mean it's not good. I could not get enough of the salted caramel. Kids loved their choices too

A bit pricey but I loved it.

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Very nice gelato in a range of flavours. You could try them before you brought which is a great idea as you then don't waste your money on something horrible especially as some of the flavours could be unfamiliar.
Watch the upselling, if you don't hold to your guns you will end up with a bigger cup/cone than you initially wanted. I watched every customer being upsold with the same lines "only $ more you get an extra flavour ".

Reviewed 19 June 2016

I and my wife are Italian. Yestarday wanted to try the gelato of gelatissimo under Singapore flyer, we tasted the vanilla, pistachio, and Belgian chocolate. The texture was sufficient, but the three flavors were the same taste and bad. For us Italians that the food is like a religion. This gelato is not remotely as one in Italy; it has only the Italian name "gelatissimo" then you should simply call ice cream.

1  Thank smigol_69