Myself and 3 friends travelled to Singapore for a 10 day stay. We stayed at Somerset in a 2 bedroom apartment and couldn't have wished for anything better. Each bedroom had its own bathroom, TV and airconditioner, hairdryer etc. They were always kept lovely and clean and large enough not to be in each others pockets.
Buffet Breaksfast was included and had a variety of things for everyone.
As for the pool area what a way to relax after a hard day sight seeing. You could use the pool area from early morning until 10:00pm.
Best location. Somerset is central to everything. MRT station across the road, bus stops around the corner and taxi ramps 5 minute walk away. minutes walk from Clarke Quay which during the day was a pleasant relaxing area, and at night was a hub of activity. There was always something different to see or do. Plenty of different restuarants to try out, or if exhausted from a days outing you could get it to take back to your room.
As it was so central, it was in walking distance to a lot of the areas, Chinatown, Orchard Rd., Marina Bay.etc, or an inexpensive taxi trip. Various shopping complexes in the area along with food courts if you are looking for a quick inexpensive meal. Added bonus is a supermarket next door down in the B1 area.
As for the staff at Somerset you couldn't wish for any better. Silvan and all the staff were always happy to assist in anyway they could. Nothing was too much trouble, and they were always ingterested in how your day went, how you enjoyed it, and what you were up to the next day. It was lovely to be greated every time you came or went with such happy smiling faces.
We all agreed that in all the places we have travelled to that the Silvan and all the staff for the most friendly and helpful we have come across.
Even though there was construction going on next door, this didn't bother us at all, quite the opposite. Before going down for breakfast we would watch the hive of activity going on at the site, try and work out what they were doing and after a full day out we enjoyed checking out their progress.
We plan to return to Singapore in a couple of years to check out how the Gardens on the Bay has expanded and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenience and the trendy buzz of riverfront living. Somerset Liang Court is near many historic sites and scenic locations from Fort Canning Park to Boat Quay. Just minutes from the Singapore River, the residence is surrounded by unique and diverse riverside attractions. It is located above a shopping mall and just next to the gastronomic Clarke Quay restaurant and entertainment hub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Somerset Liang Court Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Liang Court Hotel Singapore
- Somerset Liang Court Singapore