I stayed for 2 nights with 2 of my friends last November. We booked triplet room. It was a last minutes booking, we kind of gamble though there were lots of bad review on this hotel. Our destination is Universal Studio so the hotel has a good location, just 5 minutes walked to Farrer Park MRT, don’t have to change train. It’s right opposite of Mustafar Centre and has lot of restaurants nearby.
We arrived 1 hour early for the check-in. The “unfriendly” reception welcomed us. She does even look at us when we were talking, such a bad attitude for a hotel service. A bigger surprise waiting for us in the room. When we first enter the room, we were speechless…there’s two bed, without a proper linen and the bed is so hard…not recommended to those with back problem. The toilet was so dirty especially the basin area…. And I have to pay about RM800 (USD260) for two night. Considering we had paid for the room, we decide we just bare it for 2 night.
The breakfast is served at 8, so if you plan to leave the hotel earlier, you need to grab something from nearby mall the night before. It was a lesson learned for me, I should listen to the reviews….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claremont Hotel is a value hotel offering affordable hotel room stays and strategically located on Serangoon Road, the main street coursing through the Little India district. Claremont Hotel offers real value for money with its extremely accessible location to The Farrer Park MRT Station (NE8)and is just a short 2-minute walk to hotel doorstep. Located opposite the hotel is Mustafa Center, a 24-hour shopping haven. Leisure and business travelers can get almost anything from the shops around here. Visitors arriving at Changi Airport can zip through the MRT train system and reach the comfort of Claremont's hotel room in less than an hour. Step out of Claremont Hotel and you run smack into the Little India, one of Singapore's oldest and culturally rich district. Crossing the Serangoon Road, visitors will encounter a labyrinth of short and lengthy lanes dotted with multi-colored restored Pre-War shop houses; in pink, green, yellow, blue, purple, and red, orange and turquoise that is an attraction itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Claremont Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singapore Claremont Hotel
- Claremont Hotel Singapore