Let me start with the good things.
1) Location is okay and is walking distance from two subway lines. The hotel is also near the art district of Singapore which is awesome. It's quite a happening place as little bars here and there come alive at night.
2) Good elevators and dozens of helpful maps can be found in the lobby. There's also an update of airplane schedules which is very helpful, i must say.
3) Wi-Fi can be accessed at hi-speed throughout the building upon request of password at front desk.
4) Rooms and lobby are very clean
5) Friendly kitchen and bellman really made our stay quite bearable
6) Manager is very accommodating and always had a smile upon her face.
The bad part: FRONT DESK STAFF
Before I even arrived there FD, the two women, were not as helpful in processing my payment. Tone and manner of speaking was really offensive. ( I wonder why when they had such pleasing Manager). At arrival, they were not accommodating at all. The bellman and the other staff were the ones who entertained most of our queries.
We even witnessed many misunderstandings with other guests, one even a tour group. They did not look very pleased with their bookings and the FD staff was nowhere near apologetic.
I really do hope they sort of these two women (they look like college girls to me) at the front desk because that could have made the whole stay almost perfect.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Bencoolen - Bencoolen Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bencoolen Hotel Singapore
- Hotel Bencoolen - Bencoolen Street Singapore