I was in a hurry when I booked this hotel. It was a sudden booking.
Since the location and the price seems good, I booked this hotel just 1 day before.
I was quite excited when I know this hotel location was a prime location.
But when I checked-in, I was stunned by the un-friendliness of the front office staff.
She asked for my passport, as if I had been a visitor from an isolated island. She just said "PASSPORT!" "PASSPORT!", meanwhile I greeted her and spoke to her with my very good articulated English.
I was quite amazed when she gave me a metal key, instead of the Key Card. In this time??
The hotel with high floors building? Still using the metal key? that's very un-secure, isn't it?
Well the rooms: The door couldn't be opened full since the alley for the door was too narrow.
The furniture were very old and worn out. They need a total refurbished.
The carpet real color is already un-noticeable since it was very very worn out and too old.
At the first time, I was quite entertained by the new LCD tv installed on the wall, but oh no...they only have 3-4 local channels, news the whole time and no satellite channels at all.
Some of the channels were even scrambled.
When I was about to use the free wifi, as told in their compendium book, I was asked the password.
Then I called the operator asking about it. Gosh I was waited for more than 5 minutes by the operator, just to tell me back the internet was not actually free of charge. And I have to buy voucher to use the wifi facilities.
The Air con sometimes works very well especially at night, until it is freezing. But sometimes not working at all. Luckily I spent a lot of time outside the hotel.
The bathroom : It was a luxurious hotel for the late 80's. Not for now. It is already outdated with further renovation. They have big toilet bowl that can't be flushed, outdated bath tube with unstable hot water supply. The circulation in the bathroom was very bad, so if you used the toilet bowl to do the No.1, the odor will stay there for quite a long time. Disgusting.
Well actually there is a positive thing about this hotel.Even the restaurant was quite tiny, with very limited tables, with quite limited choices of menu, the served quite delicious dishes.
And as mentioned above again, the restaurant need total renovation, it seemed like the end of the 80's restaurant, with gloomy wall and old decoration.
Luckily the location was good. Getting taxi is an easy things, Food and supermarkets were around the area. Getting everywhere from this location was easy.
The conclusion is : If you don't expect the a new nicer hotel, and only use this hotel for sleeping and keep your eyes closed for the facilities, because you are aftering for good location. this hotel is your you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer View Hotel is centrally situated just 300 metres from Rochor MRT Station. Boasting an accessible location, the cosy hotel offers a restaurant and free WiFi. Hotel Summer View is a 20-minute drive from Changi International Airport. The hotel is located next to Sim Lim Square and a 10-minute drive from popular Orchard Road. Rooms at Summer View have modern designs with a touch of home. Fully air-conditioned, rooms have a fridge, satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. En suite bathrooms feature a standing shower. The hotel provides a postal service and a 24-hour currency exchange service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Summer View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer View Singapore
- Hotel Summer View
- Summer View Hotel Singapore
- Summerview Hotel Singapore