I spent 4 days at the Singapore Hilton and had a great time. Upon check in I was surprised as a Hilton Gold member there was no upgrade and no access to the Executive Lounge. Especially when I was paying alomst $400 per night. At least I got free breakfast and internet access. This is the reason I cannot give a full 5/5. Otherwise I was happy with my stay.
I utilized the concierge to book my sightseeing tours. They were extremely helpful in helping me choose activities and booking them on short notice.
The front desk was quick on check in, but seemed understaffed during check out in the mornings. I can understand some guests frustrations if the wait is too long, but I didn't have any issues while dealing with any of the staff. That includes the cleaning staff, restaurant staff, and help with luggage to/from my room. I had some really weird hours and the cleaning staff accommodated an evening cleaning when I needed it.
The room was nicely decorated and I was comfortable. Without free internet access as a Gold member, I would have been annoyed to have to pay for it. I guess I could have gone to Starbucks next door to use their internet for free, but it's just easier to have it in your room. Lots of TV channels, room safe, desk area, clean bathroom, and comfortable bed.
The gym is pretty good. I never did use the pool, but I took a look and it seemed large with not many people using it. The bar next to the pool is a nice place to relax and see the city lights. I got an extremely expensive massage which was just average. I wanted to get the massage in the hotel to avoid any sketchy massage places on Orchard Rd. It is overpriced, but at least the option is available.
Food at the breakfast buffet was pretty good. Nice large selection with eggs made to order. Service was fast with coffee and juice. I'm not sure what they would normally charge for it, but having it included was nice.
Location is pretty good. Just a short walk to the MRT and within close range of lots of shopping. I took a short taxi ride to Dempsey Rd where there are excellent restaurants. There are loud bars across the street, but that really wasn't my thing. I can confirm that music is going to 5am as I was awake that early due to jet lag and went for a walk. I didn't see many drunk people, but dance music is definitely played loudly. If you have a street facing room, this may become an issue. Luckily I had a room away from the dance music.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Singapore is centrally located in the heart of Orchard Road - Singapore’s vibrant shopping district and a 3-minute walk to Orchard MRT station. The hotel is an ideal choice for business travellers being only a 10-minute drive to the Central Business District and 20-minute drive from the Singapore Changi International Airport. Our 421 modern rooms and suites offer city or boulevard views, ergonomically designed workspaces and Wi-Fi access. For added privacy and convenience, choose Executive Floor rooms to enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and access to the Executive Lounge with business support facilities, complimentary breakfast and refreshments throughout the day. The hotel also offers six innovative dining options including a modern grill and an award-winning rooftop Italian restaurant. Other thoughtful facilities include an outdoor rooftop pool, 24/7 fully equipped fitness centre, two-floors of luxury boutiques and in-house therapeutic massage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International