“Good and great location. Expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #61 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good and great location. Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed with the family for 1 week. The staff was quite good specially the concierge. The food was good quality and breakfast buffet was great but staff a bit grumpy, serving from the regular eggs and bacon but also dim sums, indian food and excellent breads. The Italian restaurant upstairs was very good with a very relaxing atmosphere facing the pool. The pool is small as probably not used too much. This is more a business hotel and not a resort. Fitness is excellent with good machines. Bar staff very nice but expensive. Location is excellent and very central.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sandra w
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear sandra w,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Hilton Singapore. It was a pleasure having you and your family with us.

Your honest feedback is much appreciated. While we are happy that you found our restaurants, facilities and our Concierge satisfactory, we have noted your comments regarding the service during breakfast. The team will do their utmost to uphold the high service levels and courtesy expected of the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Alain Mahillon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

It was our first trip to singapore and this hotel was perfect as a base to relax and also explore singapore. We were in an executive level room with access to the executive lounge nice to enjoy breakfast and evening canapes and drinks. (if you can afford i would go for the room type that includes lounge access) Our room was spacious and modern and had everything required. The staff were fantastic, very friendly & helpful. The location is great, right on Orchard rd which has great shopping. the gym is great and the pool area is great to swim and also look out over singapore

Room Tip: choose an executive club lounge room if you can afford the extra money
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunnyholidays
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear sunnyholidays,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Singapore on your first trip to the Lion City!

We are delighted that you were happy with your stay experience and our hospitality.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Singapore in Janurary and now again in April. I just can't believe the staff; the front desk people(even though you come in at 1:30am) or the bell staff(handling special requests at 1:30am) or the people in the resturants on a busy breakfast period or even just in the elevator, the staff is unbelievable. No request is handled with anything but the best and prompt service. Even the fitness center staff is right there to help with anything you might need.
The food is great also as are the rooms. I have not met the GM at this particuliar hotel, but I may run out of the CATCH ME AT MY BEST cards noting the service from as many staff that I run into. Good service is sometime hard to find, but the Hilton Singapore must have a great GM and management staff to hire and keep some great people.
This would be a place I would love to come for a holiday

Room Tip: for this Hilton, I would just make sure you ask for a room in the HOTEL, they are all good.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stan G
Dear Stan G,

My team and I are most appreciative of your compliments and many kind words on the hotel.

It is a pleasure knowing that the service you received was consistent and that you felt well looked after during both your stays.

Thank you for your review and we certainly hope you will plan a holiday in Singapore and stay with us again.

Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed and in fact, am still here now at the Hilton Singapore for a conference. I've been thinking that seeing I trav el so much, I suspect my expectations of hotels may be too high so for this review, I'll list all the pro's and cons and let you judge for yourself.

Generally, the Hilton isn't my first choice of a hotel chain as I can't help thinking of chucking money at a certain spoiled brat who has far too much discretionary income and I hate thinking that I'm contributing to her and her pooch! Consequently, I'm only at Silver level so aren't afforded any of the niceties like upgrade to a suite or access to the lounge.

This is my first time back to this Hilton for many years as the last time I was here, I found it too tired and in need of a refurbish. Well, it's had the refurbish but the rooms are still tiny but I guess we can't do much about that? The room itself is OK but the furniture is utilitarian and looks as if it all came from IKEA.

So, the pro's! This is easy and I'll give it to you in one word, Nordia! I needed to do some printing the other night and being technically inept, Nordia helped me and was absolutely superb and was above and beyond the call of duty!

The cons? Well, I had dinner in the restaurant the first night I was here and I thought the prices were very high, especially for the drinks at $15 for a soft drink! i ended up having a Char Kway Teoh at $20 which was OK but the meat was tasteless and the noodles tasty so obviously, the chef never mixed them while it was in the frying pan!

The breakfast is OK with the ice cream and cream puffs particularly yummy!

The room was S$290 as this was a conference price and as per my heading, comparitively OK as the Singapore hotels are veyr expensive! The ones I usually stay at here, Shangri-La, St. Regis and Sheraton Towers were all over S$500 and I could never justify that to our beanies!

Service is friendly and the conference morning and afternoon teas were great!

So, recommended or not? It's in a good location and you get what you pay for! Would I stay here again? Depends on the tariff!

Room Tip: I'm in room 1327 which looks out over a park, or was that a car park with trees?
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear RayC888,

Thank you for your honest review of Hilton Singapore. We value your feedback and appreciate the insights you have provided us.

We are pleased that you are generally satisfied with our service and are grateful for your kind words concerning Nordia. We have taken note of your comments on our food and have shared them with our chefs. It is good to know that you enjoy our breakfast; our chefs will continue to work on further improving the overall food quality consistently.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Fleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Having stayed in a number of Hilton hotels in Europe and Australia, the Hilton Singapore is certainly the best I have stayed in of the chain. Rooms are spacious and modern, gym is well maintained and serviced, roof top pool is great for a dip (and deep!) and staff are helpful and polite. Great location close to shops and restaurants and only a short cab to Clarke Quay. For business travellers this is a excellent choice and well priced, and for shoppers it is the perfect location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bluehammer
Dear bluehammer,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Singapore, we truly appreciate your kind compliments!

My team and I take great pleasure in knowing that we met your expectations and that you felt well looked after during your stay.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.