Stayed here twice, once on business and once with family. Singapore is an expensive city and hotels generally run at high occupancy so finding a deal can be difficult.
This hotel is functional with okay rooms, clean and relatively spacious on long corridors. The gym and pool are a big plus point, the gym is very well equipped and the pool is a good size. The gym gets a bit crazy first thing in the morning but at other times of day it was fine.
The restaurant for breakfast is large and impersonal although there is a wide choice on the buffet and some live cooking stations for eggs etc. The staff do their best but with people literally everywhere it is never going to be a relaxing experience. We didn't eat other meals at the hotel but prices seemed in line with other locations.
The bar area is a bit weird, it is a small enclosed cruise ship style night club which is very expensive and plays host most evenings to a crowd of dance enthusiasts who strutt their stuff in a very organised fashion.
You can walk from here to the Suntec City Mall where there are many dining and shopping options, there is also a large Starbucks in the high rise office block five minutes away. There are also taxis coming and going night and day at the hotel reception. There is also a shuttle bus service schedule which is very useful but be sure to ask for it as I don't think anyone is too unhappy if there are no passengers and the driver can be doing something else.
Overall we were happy with our stays.
One other tip: As I mentioned before Singapore is expensive, whatever you have budgeted for your holiday or trip, add another 25% to it as you will need it. In contrast to many cities, the one thing that is actually good value is travelling in taxis, highly regulated, clean, efficient and relatively cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discerning travellers will enjoy the hospitality and warmth of our 346 rooms and suites. Spacious yet intimate, this Singapore accommodation is perfect for relaxing after a busy day of getting to know the city. Take in the charming views of quaint shophouses and ethnic shophouses from your room. For your utmost comfort, you'll find a range of handy amenities for all your needs - enjoy the in-room entertainment, which includes cable channels and complimentary in-house movie channels, or share the best of your day with family and friends via high-speed broadband Internet access. Let us pamper you whenever you stay in PARKROYAL's stylish hotel rooms in Singapore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your PARKROYAL on Beach Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal On Beach Road Hotel Singapore
- Parkroyal On Beach Road Singapore
- Park Royal Singapore
- Park Royal Hotel Singapore