When I checked out I paid my incidentals by cash. Three days later there was a charge on my credit card for more incidentals that were duplicates and some I believe were not even mine. I pointed it out to the managers via e-mail and they agreed to the over charges and asked me to review the statements for more over charges. I thought that was managements job!!! I finally got frustrated with them and realized they were incompetent so I told them to drop the matter and I would just take the S$100 loss. I was afraid if they tried to reimburse me they would screw things up worse than they were. Never once was there an apology or a 'you are the customer, you are right' attitude. They were always defensive and insisting they were right. I don't recommend using your credit card here.
As far as the hotel, like all hotels in Singapore, the lobby is nice, but once you leave the elevator and walk through the maze of hallways to your room, you will probably be as disappointed as I was. The furniture is large and outdated which make your tiny little room feel even smaller. The cleaning staff was polite and friendly, but didn't change the linens daily. Overall, I think there are better prices and locations in Singapore where the management actually cares about the customer. I will never return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the entrance of the Orchard Road, Singapore's most famous shopping belt, Orchard Parade Hotel is just a 10-minute walk from Lido Cineplex and major shopping centers such as ION Orchard, Wisma Atria and Ngee Ann City. Business travellers will enjoy the accessibility of Orchard Parade Hotel, and families with children will definitely appreciate the hotel's spacious 50-60sqm Family Rooms. It is also within 10-minute walk to Scotts Road, another famous shopping district in Singapore. The same amount of walking time will bring you to Orchard MRT station, which can connect you to other parts of the city. A 10-minute car ride will get you to the Central Business District or Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. Orchard Parade Hotel is also only 30-minute drive from Changi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchard Parade Hotel Singapore
- Orchard Parade Hotel By Far East Hospitality Singapore