“Excellent hotel and halal food”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #42 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Excellent hotel and halal food”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Excellent staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. Good facilities. Great location.
However, a bit tricky to get to the pool. Good for Muslim travelers as they serve halal food!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank nzafina
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Middle Park, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed here for a week in June with a 5 yo. The location is perfect. The rooms were great - large and very clean. The staff were lovely and accommodating with my son. We had access to the Regency club and at night were able to relax have a drink and nibbles. Breakfast had a wide selection. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our welcome to the hotel with our numerous bags due to relocating back to Australia was faultless and it felt truly personal.. Seamless check in, rooms as you would expect - good bathroom amenities but the rooms in the terracel wing feel a little dark with the design of the room but this is really not a major issue and should not put anyone off booking this hotel. This hotel spans the business / leisure market. The hotel does have a noise problem as you can hear everything that goes on in the hallway morning, noon and night. The hotel informed us that the rooms in the grand wing are designed differently so the sound does not travel as much. No noise is heard from the adjoining rooms or from the floors above but the hallways are an issue particularly during school holidays and weekends, when many families are staying. I did not use the swimming pool during this stay due to the number of people - the occupancy rate was very high according to reception. The spa is fabulous and definitely worth a trip. And finally the location is brilliant for orchard road and the MRT - you cannot fault it.

Room Tip: Request a room in the grand wing.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

As expected for the price you pay. Service is great with helpful staff greeting you and asking for your details the moment you step into the hotel. From there, i was guided to the check-in counter.

The room i'm given is spacious, clean and nicely decorated with modern furnishing. There's no view from my room which is not suprising as it's surrounded by various tall buildings.

Location is great as it's only a couple of min walk to an MRT station and Orchard road.

What more can I say? It's Hyatt. For the price you pay, these are the standard and services which I would expect. Would I stay there again, definitely yes if I'm on business trip. For my own personal trip, I'll probably opt for other smaller / less grand hotels nearby for their better value.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Elegant hotel with the kind of service that only seem to be available in Asia.

I arrived by taxi around midday and had not informed the hotel about my arrival time. When I got out of the taxi, a staff member was somehow waiting for me outside who welcomed me and used my name. I'm not sure how they do it and I should probably be scared but it somehow made me feel welcome and - dear I say it - important to them.

The lady who met me took me to the separate check in at one of the top floors. I'm a Hyatt platinum member and they gave me really special treatment.

The room was reasonably big. The bed was too hard for me but they gave me an extra mattress which fixed the problem. Big, marbled bathroom with both bath tub and shower. The room was held in light, almost scandinavian colours, which is not my favorite but it had all the amenities I needed and was clean.

The club lounge was bigger and more comfortable than most of those I've been too. The selections for both breakfast and evening snacs/drinks were excellent.

I liked the staff at the hotel. They managed to be polite and professional without being stiff or overly formal.

The restaurants at the ground floor looked very inviting. I unfortunately didn't have time but next time I'm in Singapore I'll definitely go to one of them for afternoon tea. I looked in when I walked by and it had the kind of laid back luxury that I love.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business