The Fullerton is about to become a "classic" hotel in a matter of years: it occupies the former Post Office building in Singapore, probably 100 years old, which was painstakingly renovated and brought up to 5 star standard 10 years ago. It actually feels as if it had been a hotel all the way back to colonial times, with high ceilings, a nice and light inner courtyard and really big rooms.
My main attraction to The Fullerton, however, is the location. It is smack in the middle of the financial district, and even the brand new office buildings along Marina Bay are easily within walking distance. For leisure, stroll up the quay, have a drink at one of the bars, but don't fall into the tourist traps there.
Add the warm and very personal service as well as the overall feel of the hotel, and you have the ingredients for a classic hotel - for the years to come.
After not having stayed there for 7 years, I took an Easter special offer this time - with free breakfast (the x-large variant) and afternoon tea - an experience not to be missed. The room was huge, situated on the outside, but with no view - an outer wall shielded my balcony. In fact, the room was way too big for the 28" flat screen it has - they could upgrade that.
My favorite detail is the complementary shoe shine service - just put your shoes in the special compartment within your closet, and they will be returned shined and ready to go.
Overall, I can only recommend The Fullerton - if you can get it a decent rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transformed from the Fullerton Building which was built in 1928, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore has been gazetted as Singapore's 71st National Monument. This luxury hotel features 400 elegant rooms and suites with views of the sunlit atrium, city, Singapore River or Marina Bay. Just 25 minutes from the airport, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore is located in the financial and arts districts, minutes from the city's main shopping belt. The hotel features award-winning restaurants, the stylish Post Bar, an outdoor infinity pool, a 24-hour fitness centre and a luxury spa. We are honoured to be recognised as one of the Top 1 Percent of Hotels in Singapore by TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fullerton Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Singapore
- Singapore Four Seasons
- Fullerton Hotel Singapore
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore