You're spoilt for choice for good luxury hotels in Singapore. But if you want one with a old-fashioned, historical touch, go for the Fullerton Hotel! My stay at the hotel was the highlight of my Singapore stopover.
Entering the building, you are immediately awed by the imposing edifice with the beauty of a bygone era. I literally took a breath as I stepped into the beautiful main lobby (must have been about 5 floors high!) with a fountain leading down to a koi pond.
The breakfast area opens out to an outdoor dining area right next to the Singapore river. The breakfast spread is very cosmopolitan, and has people people all sorts of exotic and less exotic fare in front of you, including some delicious Belgian waffles.
While the infinity pool may not be as large or grand as that of the Marina Bay Sands resort, it has its own charm. You can float on your back admiring the classical architecture of the hotel building (which was a post office in an earlier incarnation) on one side, and the übermodern Singapore skyline on the other.
It is expensive but there are often promotions of various kinds which offer very good value.
I'd highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transformed from the Fullerton Building which was built in 1928, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore has been gazetted as Singapore's 71st National Monument. This luxury hotel features 400 elegant rooms and suites with views of the sunlit atrium, city, Singapore River or Marina Bay. Just 25 minutes from the airport, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore is located in the financial and arts districts, within walking distance to the National Gallery and minutes from the city's main shopping belt. The hotel features award-winning restaurants, the stylish Post Bar, an outdoor infinity pool, a 24-hour fitness centre and a luxury spa. We are honoured to be recognised as one of the Top 1 Percent of Hotels in Singapore by TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Fullerton Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Singapore
- Singapore Four Seasons
- Fullerton Hotel Singapore
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore