“Its amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Moscow, Russia
“Its amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Conrad Centennial Singapore is outstanding in every sense of the word. The efficiency and friendliness of the staff at the lobby and front desk, to the cleanliness of the room was just amazing. I have never had a more hassle-free check-in or having my requests met and I have stayed in many hotels. I am so impressed by Conrad that I feel that no other hotel is able to give me such a wonderful stay as Conrad did.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I am a Hong Kong expatriate from the USA and have lived in the region for over 9 years. Therefore, I have been afforded the opportunity to stay, dine, attend conferences or some combination thereof at some of Asia's best hotels including: St. Regis (Beijing), Ritz Carlton (Bejing & Hong Kong), Four Seasons (Hong Kong), Grand Hyatt (Hong Kong & Macau), the Peninsula (Hong Kong), Shangri-la (Cebu and Hong Kong), JW Marriot (Hong Kong), and the Conrad (Hong Kong and Singapore), etc.

I would like to think given my lodging experience at these fine establishments that I would know good service. With the Conrad Singapore, your experience will certainly be a good one. I have been there a number of times and the consistency of service has not degraded one bit. What I think they do there best is the hospitality - it is top-notch and on par or exceeding the level of detail and attention of other hotels within its peer group.

My most recent stay was October of 2011 and I am looking forward to heading back in March. The check-in is pleasant and expediant, particularly if you are staying on the Executive Floor (which I highly recommend) as they have their own check-in counter.

It's the little things that distinguishes great service from good service. The staff seem genuinely happy to serve you and go out of their way to meet your needs. For example, I like to read the Financial Times. In the executive lounge I asked for a copy. Then every morning thereafter whithout saying a word I was receiving the Financial Times delivered to my room. They also remember my drinking prefernce such as red wine or champagne every time I go to the Executive Lounge for a couple of drinks in the evening.

Speaking of the excutive lounge, the food is quite good and they mix it up every day. In the morning you can grap a nice international breakfast with a selection of fresh juices and baked goodies. Afternoon tea set can really be thought of as either a lunch or dinnner as it is open buffet just like breakfast. Nice slection of finger foods / canapes and the desserts are delicious. The staff are always looking to fill your next glass of wine or champagne. The lounge is a great place to read a book, do some work or simply collect your thoughts.

Some of the earlier comments about the building looking somewhat aged are valid, but that does not detract from the experience. While not as opulent as some of the other hotels I have stayed, you still get the sense that you are staying in a 5-star hotel. The rooms are wonderfully maintained though admittedly perhaps a bit on the smaller side. The swimming pool and gym facilities are nothing to rave about but they get the job done and are decently appointed.

I do a lot of business in Singapore, and I always look forward to returning to the Conrad Centennial.

Room Tip: If you can get an Executive Level Room, do it! The rooms are great and you get access to the Execut...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AsianTravellerHK
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Have stayed at Conrad several times earlier, but gave it up because of the helpless and irritating Reception. However, I do enjoy the neighbourhood around Conrad, so I thought I'd give it another chance.

How do they train their Reseption staff? They seem just as untrained as when I first stayed there 5 years ago. Everything you ask for is object to endless discussions among at least three empolyees. Checking in takes for ever, and you "never" get what you actually reserved. This time we had made an on-line reservation for two separate beds in a double room. Very difficult. Not available. Perhaps avaliable after all. After 10 mins of discussions and flustering, a room with two single beds was available after all.

Then we asked for a very late check out. We agreed to pay for a whole night, but still this was almost impossible to manage. No housekeeping on check-out day, key cards invalid several hours before the agreed time.

But as soon as the checking in is done, the hotel is great! Very nice and clean room, very good beds, nice pool area etc.

Alas, you have to go to the Reception to check out as well...

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Along with the JW Marriott Hong Kong, this is the best hotel I have stayed at (being a Marriott plat and a Hilton Diamond I travel a lot). Entire staff was exceptional including Kimberley Flores who helped answer many questions before I arrived. Check in was a breeze. Everyone smiled and very helpful. Room was clean and bed extremely comfortable. The bathroom shaver plug was broken and they brought up a transformer immediately. Buffet breakfast at the restaurant was great--had something for everyone. Hotel next to the Suntec Mall including metro stop. Recommend the food court to try the local cuisine. So much selection.
GREAT EXPERIENCE IN A CLASSY HOTEL. Worth the extra cost.

1 Thank uswmnj
Heinrich G, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear uswmnj,

Thank you for reviewing Conrad Centennial Singapore. We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us.

We truly appreciate your feedback on all the elements that are important to our guests: the check-in process; the cleanliness and comfort levels of our rooms; our breakfast offering and service.

Thank you for your compliments to Kimberley Flores, who is part of our exceptional team committed to ensuring the comfort and well-being of all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Yours sincerely,
Heinrich Grafe
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have just returned from a week in Singapore which included several days at this hotel. Service was excellent as I have come to expect in Singapore and the staff at the Conrad were friendly and efficient. As there were three of us, we opted for an executive room so that we could use the lounge for breakfast and drinks in the evening. The room was a little cramped with twin beds and a rollaway but it was not really an issue for us. The bathroom was large and well appointed with a separate shower. Our room overlooked the Fountain of Wealth which provided a lovely light show each evening.
We did not eat dinner at the hotel, although we did use Oscars for breakfast one morning. There was a greater choice of menu items than in the lounge but the view of the three of us was that it was a little too busy and noisy to enjoy breakfast.
All in all this was a good choice of hotels for us. Its location in the Marina area was very convenient as we could walk to the Flyer, to Raffles and the river area. We used taxis for longer trips.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide better views.
1 Thank Love_the_life
Dear Love_the_life,

It is a pleasure to know that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind feedback on our room and service. We are heartened that you felt well looked after during your few days with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,