15 people are viewing this hotel
$176
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$175
Priceline
$173
Trip.com$176
Hotels.com$175
Prestigia.com$177
1,139 results
All reviews hua ting premier lounge guest experience manager the club lounge wedding banquet hotel staff pleasant stay checking in early check front office high tea an upgrade buffet breakfast orchard staycation haze quarantine
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2022

Orchard Hotel is a rare gem tucked away at the fringe of Singapore's famous shopping belt. Far from the hustle and bustle of crowds but near enough to the thick of the action when you decide to jump into it. I had initially booked this hotel as a one-week "workcation" where I intended it to be a quiet oasis for me to conduct my business in peace. It eventually turned out to be one pleasant surprise after another...even as a local!

The professionalism was clear from the moment I checked in that afternoon. Halfway while the receptionist (Hidayah) was serving me, a man cut the queue and interrupted the whole process. However, Hidayah exhibited great composure and politely directed the man behind the queue and informed him that she was still processing the documents for me. Most hotel staff would have been too timid to say anything but Hidayah handled the situation with grace. The next morning during breakfast while waiting to enter the dining hall, a group of men (presumably from the same entourage) cut the queue again and rushed in front of me while the attendant at the counter had her back turned thus not knowing what happened. This time, I am miffed and told the attendant that I was first in line. She then displayed the same composure as her colleague and firmly directed the group of men to stand back in line while politely taking my room card. The staff at this property are clearly trained for such situations and I am very impressed.

Housekeeping service was simply excellent. And it was the staff that added that special human touch. During my stay, I called for laundry service on a daily basis and from the third day onwards, a housekeeper turned up every morning knocking on my door to enquire if I had any clothes to wash. A housekeeper by the name of "Kim" was exceptionally friendly and made small talk with me while she cleaned the room. As she pulled the curtains apart, she remarked how hot and sunny it was outside and passed me 5 bottles of mineral water! She reminded me to hydrate myself more in this hot weather. This was the exact moment when I felt that Orchard Hotel's strength comes from the intangible human touch that even other luxury hotels may not be able to replicate.

While many may feel that a hotel's rooms and amenities are more important, I think that it is the "software" that truly makes the difference in the highly competitive hospitality industry. And precisely because the "software" is so difficult to elevate compared to merely renovating the building, Orchard Hotel has done particularly well in this aspect. The staff are walking ambassadors for the hotel with their little acts of kindness and professionalism. I cannot think of another hotel either in Singapore or other countries where the staff genuinely commit themselves to good service even for guests who are not staying in suites. In the case of housekeeper "Kim", I can feel that her words and actions are genuine and sincere.

Well done, Orchard Hotel! I will be making "workcation" here a regular feature of my business in 2023!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jacqueline Ho, General Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2022

Dear LePetitJeff,

We thank you for choosing The Orchard Hotel Singapore for your stay in Singapore. We are delighted that you had an overall pleasant and comfortable stay.

We take pride in providing the utmost care and comfort to our guests, so we thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your journey in Singapore. Your special mention for Hidayah, Kim and our staff is much appreciated. They are indeed our shining stars in the hotel.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back, when your travels bring you to Singapore again.

Reviewed 23 November 2022 via mobile

Have been visiting the hotel for years now but this time the last time. Very expensive, room was worn, long queues in the morning for breakfast taking easily 40 min, check-out took more than 30 minutes as front desk was short staffed and could not cope with number of guest departing. When you wanted to address a complaint you were told write to lanagement

Room tip: a lot of places in the area have closed after lockdown and are no longer open
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jacqueline Ho, General Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2022

Dear AfricanScorpion,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Orchard Hotel Singapore. We are sorry that certain aspects of the hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is valuable to us and will certainly be addressed to the relevant departments. Please be assured that we are monitoring and working to improve the queues as well. Nonetheless, we hope for more opportunities to welcome you again for an improved experience.

Reviewed 22 November 2022 via mobile

Not a flash one nor best contemporary but very classic hotel accommodation.

Don’t forget to click off the ‘do not disturb’ light and turn in the ‘please make room’ switch as I forgot after first night and had to call front for extra towels and water arriving evening.

Room tip: Flick that switch when leaving room when you embark for your day adventures.
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Perfect-Chaos-007,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Orchard Hotel Singapore. We are pleased to hear that you had an overall pleasant and comfortable stay. It will be our pleasure to welcome and serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2022

Good bed, no disturbing noise from outside although being located in a lively area. Housekeeping was top. Good WiFi, worked from the hotel for 2 days i conference calls without a glitch. A great variety of breakfast options

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jacqueline Ho, General Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2022

Dear Coastal16645090142,

Thank you for your remarkable review of the Orchard Hotel Singapore. We are incredibly pleased to hear that you had liked our room, the breakfast buffet selection and the services provided by our staff. It will be our pleasure to welcome and serve you again.

Reviewed 18 November 2022 via mobile

Nick was very professional and detailed orientated. He was understanding towards my request, breakfast area was full but service team was efficient. Breakfast variety was bountiful. Had a lovey stay in this hotel. Will definitely come back to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jacqueline Ho, General Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2022

Dear feraniatherry,

Thank you for your remarkable review of the Orchard Hotel Singapore. We are incredibly pleased to hear that you had liked our breakfast buffet selection and the services provided by our staff. It will be our pleasure to welcome and serve you again in the future.