We stayed at Executive Floor. Room is very spacious although a bit old. Prices considered very good as Singapore's hotels are pretty expensive. Location is very good, very near to Bugis MRT station and Bugis Junction Mall. Arab street is pretty interesting with Mid Eastern shops but I dont have time to look around.
What we dont like is that we had requested for a smoking room in our booking and after checked in and saw the non smoking sign in the room, we called the front desk and they told us that there are no rooms in the Executive floors as they are wholly non smoking and we have to downgrade without any compensation if we chose to have smoking rooms. We felt that they should put on this information on their website and we should be informed when they had gotten our request in the first place. Breakfast was ok and we get to choose between 3 restaurants.
The executive lounge was empty when we in the afternoon. In the evening there is a free cocktail where we can have liquor and some light food. The staff was pretty friendly (I mean this is Sg and normally they wont give a s*it). We will come back to this hotel definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Arab Street and Kampong Glam enclave, and a mere stone’s throw away from Bugis Village and Little India, Village Hotel Bugis is at the crossroads of Singapore’s Arab, Peranakan and Indian enclaves.These multicultural and multinational influences are seen in the Indian, Chinese and international cuisines at the hotel’s three dining options.Guests can explore the side streets of Kampong Glam, Bugis Village and Haji Lane, which have small boutique outlets stocked with fashion labels otherwise not found in the Singapore malls. They can also indulge in a shopping spree at the Bugis Junction and Bugis+ shopping centres. The Bugis MRT station, which is just a 5-minute walk away, connects guests to the Orchard shopping belt or the Central Business Districts of City Hall or Raffles City.Besides its location, Village Hotel Bugis' key selling point is its spacious rooms, which start from 32sqm for its entry level Superior Room to up to a generous 64sqm for its Executive Club Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Landmark Far East Hotel
- Golden Landmark Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Bugis By Far East Hospitality Singapore