“I will NEVER stay at this hotel again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality

Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #79 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“I will NEVER stay at this hotel again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was at 9th floor. The room was very very outdated and smelt.
There was a blockage in basin in the toilet and I had to call two times to get it fixed.
There was a renovation happening close to my room that was very noisy and annoying when I was coming back from a long day work to rest in the afternoon. The minimum courtesy was to not rent a room in this floor. I complained about it every day and they ignored it every day. This was going from 8 am till 6pm no matter how much I complained.
I will NEVER stay in this hotel again even if it is renovated completely because I did not receive the respect.
I do not mind the old room and not very good service if I get the respect and can rest in the room. It is very basic that if a renovation is going on in the hotel, you should not rent the room close to that floor. You may lose some money in short term, but respect your customer and they will be back. I was not told anything about renovation when I checked in and when I was leaving I found there is a letter in the room. This is not enough , you should not rent this room.
the possitive point : The gentleman in the entrance of the hotel (Habibila if I remember correctly) was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: I would say don’t stay there until the renovation is finished. When you get to your room, read the l...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mariam_July12
YMChew, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Ms Mariam,

I am sorry to hear of your experience during our room renovation. We had tried our best to allocate rooms away from the renovation as possible but in view of high hotel occupancies, we could not shift everyone. Please accept our apologies. My colleague Andrew will be writing to you shortly.

Meanwhile, we had a chat with Hasbullah informing him of your appreciation for his friendly and helpful demeanor.

Landmark Village Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

The rooms are reasonably big (unlike many Singapore hotels). All the rooms in the higher floors (we stayed in level 16) have big windows with city-view. Adequate power outlets are there on the table for charging gadgets - did not have to ask for a power adapter! Rooms have Iron with stand too; which we found quite handy!
Bugis is centrally located and communication from this hotel to different parts of the city is quite easy and convenient with many options available. Little India is within a Kilometer or so; China town is within SGD10 by a taxi; Marina is even less! Bugis MRT station is close to the hotel. The hotel is on Arab Street, Bugis Village (known for street shopping) is in the vicinity, Raffles hospital is next to the hotel. There's a Subway Restaurant in Raffles Hospital, KFC and Macdonalds in Bugis Village, many Arab food restaurants in Arab Street and a couple of street-side Indian food restaurants nearby - one cant actually starve here! A seven-eleven is right opposite the hotel main entrance and another within 50m. The hotel complex also houses a shopping mall in the 2nd level. There are efficient tour operators in the lobby floor and currency exchanges in the Ground floor. The hotel also has an Indian cuisine restaurant in the 5th floor and a Chinese cuisine restaurant in the lobby (3rd) floor - both serving quite good foods at reasonable prices. The swimming pool is nice though not very big and the set-up of the swimming pool is wonderful on the 5th level of the building in a nice planned garden setting. Rooms are wel-maintained and beds are cosy and comfy.

Room Tip: Pool-view rooms offer view of nicer skyline of the city
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Assalam Mr Hasska,

Thank you for your positive posting. Indeed our rooms, at 32 sqm are larger than the average rooms in Singapore. It is great that you took time to enjoy the swimming pool on the 5th floor. As you had rightly pointed out about our good location – near to the MRT station and variety of eateries. These plus points allows us to position ourselves as a hotel of good value-for-money.

Do visit our StayVillage website for future offers before dropping by to LVH.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Landmark Village Hotel is a big hotel in the middle of busy Singapore. It is situated along Victoria and Arab Streets.

I booked this hotel and got a very good deal from Booking.com. We were given a room on the 19th floor which had a magnificent view of Singapore's skyscrapers by day and night. It is very easy to find the hotel since it is next to the Raffles Hospital and nearby Bugis Junction and Bugis MRT station. We stayed in this hotel from 6-8 July 2012.

Our Twin bedroom is spacious for my daughter and myself. The beddings are cozy and very comfortable. The aircondition unit is quite cold and I am not sure if the thermostat was malfunctioning during our stay. It stayed cold even if I increased the temperature.

The room has basic necessities like a mini-bar, flat iron and pressing table, a big closet with 2 bathrobes and slippers and mini-safe, it also has a long table which also acts as a vanity table with a study lamp, a hair dryer is also available and there is a bath tub which was great for soaking after a long day of walking around. The only thing I found as a disadvantage to this hotel is the lighting in our room. There's only a bed lamp and a study light which kept flickering the whole time. I find the lighting in the room quite inadequate. It gets a bit dim at night with only a night lamp acting as the main light of the room, aside from the pin light in the hallway and the lights coming from the bathroom and closet. I just think they can do better than that.

There is a pool and a gym for guests. I used the gym once and it was not big so guests will have to take turns if it gets crowded.

The lobby is a bit dark with a very high ceiling and a beautiful chandelier and koi pond. I am very impressed with the check-in staff at the reception desk. He is friendly and accommodating. Haniff, the check-in agent gave us the room even if it was only 11:30 a.m. and I truly appreciated that. Hamdan, the elderly bellhop is also nice and friendly. He answered all my queries on directions. On our last day in the hotel, he even hailed a cab for me and my daughter at 6 in the morning because it was raining outside.

The hotel has a mall next to it on the lower floor but I didn't have the time to go around it. There is a nearby 7-Eleven convenient store if you do not want to spend on fancy restaurants. It is right in front of the hotel. Subway is also close by at the Raffles Hospital. There is the nearby Bugis Junction which has plenty of food outlets to choose from.

Going around the city is also hassle-free since it is a stones-throw away from the nearest MRT station which is the Bugis Stn.

You can also shop around the nearby Arab streets for textiles, rags and other garments.

This hotel is really great for business and family travelers. I will surely recommend this property.

Room Tip: Take the higher floors for a great view of the city. Some floors are being refurbished. Just double...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Ms Culit,

Thank you for your raving reviews of LVH. We are glad you had a great stay with us and had the chance to explore our amenities and facilities. We have conveyed your appreciation to Haniff and Hamdan. They are both veterans in the hotel and truly hospitable associates. It is comforting to know that their actions touched you and your family during your stay with us.

We took note of your comments on the general lighting of the room. Indeed, the newly renovated rooms were designed with refreshing wallpaper and a brighter ambience. Perhaps you can try our new Premier Rooms when you visit us next.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you to LVH in the near future. Perhaps when you plan to escape the summer heat and humidity in UAE? Check out our Stayvillage website.

Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is on a great location. You have bus stops to several routes within 100 meters Bugis MRT is only 150 meters away. Bugis village , BHG, OG, Lumos, Simlim Square all within 500 meters.
It’s only about 1KM to Mustafa Centre if you walk through side roads. Food courts Restaurants all around. The hotel is kept spotlessly clean. Rooms are very very clean, Sheets are all very clean. They lay out good and spotless towels for you. But the rooms are getting old and worn out. (They are going to renovate the rooms according to the notice on the web site). Their Club upgrade gives you Evening cocktails (which has fallen below standard, used to be good earlier) Free internet, 2peices of laundry and free local calls There is no difference between club room and deluxe room.
They now serve breakfast in 2 restaurants with Indian food only at level 5. Which means the choice is limited on both restaurants for breakfast which I do not like, but it’s less crowded now.
The in room amenities are all very good but they give you this plastic spoon for making tea which is a joke (May be the guests are taking the Stainless steel spoons they put out earlier as souvenirs)
On arrival the receptionist was able to pull out my record and to recognize the fact that I was a frequent visitor to their establishment and was treated with courtesy (She did this without passport number as I did renew my passport and she put the new number then and there only). Next day I went down to check if it’s possible to get late check out on our room and the lady on duty was very rude and said there is no provision for it but you must pay if you want late checkout even through at all my previous stays (I usually take a club room for internet the lounge access and late checkout they offer) I was allowed to stay until 16.00hrs minimum.( Their site page says so and is attached as a photo) This time they wanted to charge for a half a day. If they can give the room upon payment then the room is available and one must come to the obvious conclusion that now they want more money out of their guests.
Bell Desk is ok but if you are a brown skinned like me then be prepared to receive substandard service from them( There was nothing like that 5 years or so back) as they must be categorizing us in to a substandard species).
Addendum
After this review was published the hotel management contacted me first via Trip advisor and then directly to my email to ask about the difficulty I faced. The assistant manager who contacted me was very helpful and concerned and has promised to look in to the problems.
It tells a great deal about the Management of the hotel from the fact that they spent time going through our reviews and then actively trying to correct their erroneous ways and provide more attentive service to the guests.
As such even though I was going to give up on them I decided to stay with them again. For which I am grateful as this is my favorite haunt as I am able to go to anywhere in Singapore very easily by MRT or Bus and for sopping you only have to step out of the back of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
YMChew, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Mr Ratna,

Thank you for allowing us to restore your confidence in our service. It is great to hear that you plan to stick with us despite our earlier lapses. As a regular customer and your familiarity with our hotel and vicinity, it is comforting to know that you had chosen LVH as your home-away-from-home.

Our team looks forward to having you with us in the near future.

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I have been stayig in this hotel for the last few years whenever I am in Singapore on business, excellent rooms, breakfast is huge, location is top class, the staff is very courteous. I would recomment this place to all.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Madni

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad you again enjoyed your stay with us at LVH. Have you seen our newly renovated Premier Rooms? Do check out our StayVillage website for your next visit to Singapore.