I was at 9th floor. The room was very very outdated and smelt.
There was a blockage in basin in the toilet and I had to call two times to get it fixed.
There was a renovation happening close to my room that was very noisy and annoying when I was coming back from a long day work to rest in the afternoon. The minimum courtesy was to not rent a room in this floor. I complained about it every day and they ignored it every day. This was going from 8 am till 6pm no matter how much I complained.
I will NEVER stay in this hotel again even if it is renovated completely because I did not receive the respect.
I do not mind the old room and not very good service if I get the respect and can rest in the room. It is very basic that if a renovation is going on in the hotel, you should not rent the room close to that floor. You may lose some money in short term, but respect your customer and they will be back. I was not told anything about renovation when I checked in and when I was leaving I found there is a letter in the room. This is not enough , you should not rent this room.
the possitive point : The gentleman in the entrance of the hotel (Habibila if I remember correctly) was very nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Arab Street and Kampong Glam enclave, and a mere stone’s throw away from Bugis Village and Little India, Village Hotel Bugis is at the crossroads of Singapore’s Arab, Peranakan and Indian enclaves.These multicultural and multinational influences are seen in the Indian, Chinese and international cuisines at the hotel’s three dining options.Guests can explore the side streets of Kampong Glam, Bugis Village and Haji Lane, which have small boutique outlets stocked with fashion labels otherwise not found in the Singapore malls. They can also indulge in a shopping spree at the Bugis Junction and Bugis+ shopping centres. The Bugis MRT station, which is just a 5-minute walk away, connects guests to the Orchard shopping belt or the Central Business Districts of City Hall or Raffles City.Besides its location, Village Hotel Bugis' key selling point is its spacious rooms, which start from 32sqm for its entry level Superior Room to up to a generous 64sqm for its Executive Club Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Landmark Far East Hotel
- Golden Landmark Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Bugis By Far East Hospitality Singapore